• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

Chase Fuller

Platinum Supporting Member
Interesting, I was just coming over here to ask how many people play with the bypass engaged 100% of the time. I've been liking the sounds I get with it engaged. I'll try combing it with the FET.

To my ear, the FET feels like adding a very subtle but pleasant compressor to the tone. Granted, that’s definitely my thing – I have both a Ross-style and OE Cali-TXL handy at all times. But it really thickens it up, even when the FET is at lower levels. I so, so much prefer leaving both on to switching between on/off for FET and bypass. The volume knob works wonders for me.

plumberstrummer

Fatal3Records.com
Calling Traditional Clean users. I have a 100/50 and I really like it, but sometimes the amp almost feels too loose and too bouncy, by lack of better description / verbalization. As if the notes feel too far away, if that makes any sense. I've tried it a couple of times in a band situation now and noticed it quite clearly. Anybody have similar experiences? I wonder if I might have bought the wrong amp and should have gone with something more stiff / direct instead (like the SSS for example).

I'm sure you are already well versed in all this, but here is my band experience for anyone who is still finding their way around a Two Rock/ DStyle build...
IME, the boost setup is pretty critical for bandish stuff versus solo/ home playing. I will often plan on redialing my settings to the band and room during soundcheck. For example; I don't have a TV, but on my AHC, when I have the bass boosted (which is killer in a play by myself thing) it can pull back some of those mids that cut through a band mix almost every time. I will also just leave the mids on to stand out, or turn the mids off to lay back, regardless of what my high or low boosts are doing. It's also worth bypassing the time stack from time to time, just as test of what the knobs are doing to the mix...

Chase Fuller

I'm sure you are already well versed in all this, but here is my band experience for anyone who is still finding their way around a Two Rock/ DStyle build...
IME, the boost setup is pretty critical for bandish stuff versus solo/ home playing. I will often plan on redialing my settings to the band and room during soundcheck. For example; I don't have a TV, but on my AHC, when I have the bass boosted (which is killer in a play by myself thing) it can pull back some of those mids that cut through a band mix almost every time. I will also just leave the mids on to stand out, or turn the mids off to lay back, regardless of what my high or low boosts are doing. It's also worth bypassing the time stack from time to time, just as test of what the knobs are doing to the mix...

I’d probably still use my KTR or one of my TSs for that very purpose:aok

beckstriad

I'm frosting a cake with a paper knife
Double Platinum Member
The TS1 is an astonishingly good amp. I wish I could capture how great it sounds. I recorded a quick noodle with a dry signal with my McCarty this evening through a Two Rock 1x12 cab. The recording really doesn't do justice to how it sounds. The cleans are certainly there, but the drive tone is absurdly good. Almost... almost makes me think about selling my Bloomfield Drive.

Chase Fuller

The TS1 is an astonishingly good amp. I wish I could capture how great it sounds. I recorded a quick noodle with a dry signal with my McCarty this evening through a Two Rock 1x12 cab. The recording really doesn't do justice to how it sounds. The cleans are certainly there, but the drive tone is absurdly good. Almost... almost makes me think about selling my Bloomfield Drive.

I can’t overstate how grateful that the TS1 is my amp. It’s like a dream come true. Thanks for sharing the clip – I loved it!

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
I can’t overstate how grateful that the TS1 is my amp. It’s like a dream come true. Thanks for sharing the clip – I loved it!

Same, man. I had never played or seen a Two Rock amp in person before I got my BD and TS1 in. These are amazing amps in every way. I cannot wait to get more time with the TS1. The BD, too, honestly.

DiPa

Constant GAS
Re-strung my Suhr Classic T this morning and wanted to hear it through the Two Rock. Man, this amp is so good. Not me, mind you, but the amp. The guitar ain't half bad, either.

TS1 cleans are absolutely better than I expected, and haven’t played one, But based on what I hear on clips, there is a lot of overlap with the Bloomfield Drive tones.

beckstriad

Double Platinum Member
TS1 cleans are absolutely better than I expected, and haven’t played one, But based on what I hear on clips, there is a lot of overlap with the Bloomfield Drive tones.

There really is. Between the clean and drive sounds, I'm likely about to put my BD and Quinn SDO up on the market. This amp is just better, or has enough of what the other two do that I don't need them. And those amps are GOOD!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom