The Official Vinetto Artifact Thread

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by telesquire, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telesquire

telesquire Member

:RoCkIn In readiness for the imminent arrival of the Artifact guitars by Vince Cunetto,I thought I would start off a fresh thread where new owners can post their pics/comments/reviews and perspective buyers can ask Vince questions about the forthcoming guitars.Maybe also Vince could post new details here as and when (no hurry fella!).Hopefully mine will be born next month!

2. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

:dude :dude :dude

3. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

Cool idea. I just want to see a damn photo. Big Hype so my expectations are rather big as well. More to be revealed I guess....

4. Crumblebum

Crumblebum Member

5. fretnot

fretnot Gold Supporting Member

I'm glad my order went in quickly! :dude

6. Vince

Vince Member

Hey, thanks for the thread idea. We've been busier than ever. The Artifacts are in the works and we've actually got a few new surprises about to hit before we start to ship the first ones. With the Arti's on deck and a backorder on our standard line, me and the boys have had our hands full!

Based on the orders we received, the first model we'll be shipping will be the SC50BG (and BG-1) followed by the DC55s and 60SBs. We've got quite a few to build in the first batch, so we'll keep plugging away.

The initial order pricing expired on June 1. The pricing we started with was for a limited introductory time which we actually kept open longer than we thought, but now prices are where they'll be.

As far as what the Arti's are going to look like,take a look at some of the pics in Matte's thread and only look from the nut down:)

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=146714

More later...

7. mgrier1

mgrier1 Member

Hi Vince,

I just plunked down for a DC 60 SB that has been ordered by one of your dealers, Guitars, etc.

I have really been looking at an S-Type replacement for my 1982 Fullerton 57 RI (bought it new that year!). It still plays and sounds great, but the fretboard radius has been tough to deal with, so I've been searching for the right moment...

So here it is! - The Vinetto Artifact! Really looking forward to your new Artifact line... and receiving mine! :drool :BEER

Best,

Mike

P.S. Maybe this is the time to get a T-type Artifact, too?!? ;)

8. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Man, I wasn't even slightly interested in a strat/tele style guitar. Looking at those in Matte's thread makes me want one!

9. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

I guess the Vinetto Legatto that I'm about to get is excluded from this thread...

:(

RC

10. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Are the pics down? Couldn't see 'em.

11. Vince

Vince Member

Unless I beat it up a little before we ship it tomorrow.

12. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

Video?:crazyguy

13. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

So Vince, you've probably answered this 50,000 times, but I haven't heard it. When will you actually be releasing these new beasts upon the world?

14. The Eristic

The Eristic Member

Vince, will the guitars be available with any options? I'm interested in the SC 50 BG-1, but the traditional narrow nut width is problematic for my hands. :^/

15. Vince

Vince Member

It depends on the model. We're buliding them based on how the orders came in a few months ago. The blackguard SC50 was the overwhelming leader, so we started working on getting out a nice batch of those while we do the other stages on the DC's and the others Artifact models. I sometimes get a little anxious about trying to get stuff out faster, but I've learned over the years that there's no way the work can be rushed and still be right, so I just take a breath and go back to work!

16. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Ah, okay. I've never really paid attention to strats. Can you kind of give me a brief rundown of the tonal differences of the different models? I mean, I can see the different woods and pickups, but how swamp ash is going to sound as opposed to alder or something.

I'm interested in one of the DCs, but it'll be quite awhile...

17. mgrier1

mgrier1 Member

18. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

Rats, I was hoping this thread would explode today...

19. Rocktrans formed

Rocktrans formed Member

Are the Artifacts going to have tinted necks? I really dig the look of Vince's work, but the light colored necks on some of his Fender-era axes detracts somewhat. They're some seriously cool looking fiddles, regardless, and Vince has even got a nice headstock shape. That's how you really know they're good guitars.

20. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

I'm drueling all over my keyboard.

Just one question. Is the Vintage Blonde on the SC56 similar to today's White Blonde? I have a White Blonde USA Tele that I wouldn't be able to part with unless I could find a better White Blonde tele, which I know Vince could provide. I'm in love with the White Blonde/Blackguard combo, and anyways, my dad's gotta '52 reissue and we can't be having the same color guitars.:rotflmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.