The offspring of the mating between a Les Paul and a B.C Rich Warlock

GuitarWorkz

This is what happens when you cross a Les Paul with a B.C Rich Warlock. The guitar doesn't belong to me, it belongs to a friend of mine who made it when he was 13 years old for his wood shop class project. Right now he is currently in the process of restoring the guitar, it was made over 20 years ago, and gigged very very heavily for a number of years after it was first made. Nowadays it's a wall hanger that has great sentimental value, but never gets played.

And here is a better shot of the body:

Spec wise, it's body is made of solid mahogany, the neck is as well, it has a rosewood fretboard, mother of pearl shark tooth inlays, white binding on both sides of the fretboard, one master volume, two tone controls, a three way selector switch, a Floyd Rose bridge complete with locking nut, and the pickups are DiMarzio's Super Distortion in both the bridge and neck position. I don't know if you can see it in the photos but it has a contoured top, it's been carved to be more comfortable and bevelled, a Les Paul style scratch plate and toggle switch label as in the Rhythm and Treble round label.

As for what the owner is doing to it, as far as I'm aware - he won't let me work on in, in fact he'd probably be more than a little annoyed if he knew I have posted pics of it, I know he is replacing all of the pots, capacitors, he is also changing the machine heads, I think he is changing the pickups to a 4 wire variety, I'm not too sure on that, he's not really mentioned too much on what he is doing with them, and generally all the black metal work like screws and what not are being replaced.

It really is an over the top guitar, and probably every 13 year old shredder's dream axe. I hope you guys get as good a laugh out of it as I did and still do.

Last edited:

milli vanilli

No laugh here... think it looks pretty cool, a lot of work went into it. Actually, to post something that you know the owner does not want posted and to have a laugh at his expense on a blog is more in line with the behavior of a 13 year old methinks....

Da Geezer

No laugh here... think it looks pretty cool, a lot of work went into it. Actually, to post something that you know the owner does not want posted and to have a laugh at his expense on a blog is more in line with the behavior of a 13 year old methinks....
Are you referring to me??

I wasn't "having a laugh"....the previous post asked what was LP on the guitar, and the pickguard was the only obvious thing (that I could see).... No disrespect intended.

G

rspencer

I hope you guys get as good a laugh out of it as I did and still do.
I'm not a big fan of Warlocks, and I wouldn't have used the LP pickguard, but I don't see anything to laugh about. Damn good work for a 13-year-old, I'd say.

EADGBE

All mahogany, rosewood fretboard and DiMarzio super distortions, it probably sounds pretty good.

Trending Topics