The ongoing work log of Pickdropper

Demioblue

That's really cool! How does it sound at low gain/clean settings? On my big rig, I use a BK Tube Driver always-on after my drive pedals. It's set basically completely clean (with a 12AU7 tube switched in) so that it has almost no effect on my clean tone, but when I stack my other drive pedals into it, it responds like a driven amp at the edge of breakup. Basically lets me get my sound at any volume - I can get clean tones at high volume AND edge-of-breakup response at low volume. Anyway, I've been looking for a while for a micro sized pedal that I can use this way on my mini board; I've tried the Mooer RC Boost and Blues Driver clones and they do pretty well, but I'm still trying to really nail it. Would your TD-X clone be good for this?
That pedal is mine, I believe. I set it to a spanky cleanish tone (think Gilmour in "And Then...") and push it with his Microfracture (Blues Breaker) when I need more gain. It is very sweet, and works exactly like my Buffalo TD-X. (it's so good, I ordered another for a separate board!)

9k9jK3p.jpg

I got another pedal made recently, a Ram's Head with a bass cut. It sounds fantastic!

Last edited:

Demioblue

Sorry, I missed this.

I like this circuit at lower gain circuits. It's got a bit of a different feel than most overdrive pedals. Stacked has been sort of a mixed bag, though. I need to experiment more with it, but I liked it more stacked with lower gain than trying to stack something in it for high gain, if that makes sense.
Dave, the pedal is fantastic.

When I need something to push a fuzz, to retain the fuzzy low end, yet add more grunt, I use the Control Grid. When I want that same fuzz to take on a more "distortion" character, I use the Microfracture. But the Control Grid + Microfracture is pure magic. I'll need to hit you up about a dual pedal (or maybe triple again, like the last one with the minitaur) with these 2 soon. :rotflmao It's my go-to tones for low to mid gain to even low-high gains.

Lionel

Demioblue

So this happened, and I am stoked!

lVxv71L.jpg

(pic belongs to @pickdropper)

This is the combo pedal I spoke of above. A BB (Microfracture) clone (side A), into a TDX (Control Grid) clone (side B). But with an order switch. This allows me to flip the order of the pedal whenever I need to. I don't use a switcher, so this is for simple setups. If you need both pedals independently controlled from a switcher, it'll need some tweaking, which you'd have to ask Pickdropper if this is possible.

But oh man, this pedal is what I need. It can do low gain, medium gain, a bit of high gain, it can sound gritty, it can sound smooth, and it works with my strat, tele, and HH guitars. No tweaking of tones needed in between, except for volume matching. It's such a great pedal, I ordered a second one!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom