The ONLY John Mayer thread on TGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo77

It would be ok if we could just go to page 2 and have a break, but no.... more and more JM threads...
(I don't hate him or his music, but it's an overdose for me)

Ubersooner

I love love love that his vocals are so genuine and completely without affectation. (This is my first attempt at backhanded Mayer bashing so grade it on a curve please. I was tired of feeling left out.)

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I want him to run for Mayor. I want to address Mayor Mayer and have it announced on Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
I have no idea. I like him but it's not exactly a watershed moment in my life or, I suspect, for most people.

Phila67

I have yet to really "hear" John Mayer. I think I saw him once on PBS, but I don't remember what he played.

gregmoeck

For years now Mayer has been using Two Rock amplifiers, which are a variety of the infamous Dumble style amplifier. To make a long story short, starting in the late 60′s, Alexander “Howard” Dumble was building amplifiers for all kinds of guitarists, including Stevie Ray Vaughan. Only 300 or so of these amplifiers were rumored to ever be created, and they are now very expensive, if you can even find one
:beer

Picaflor

John Mayer has ascended young girl popularity much like the stones and beatles.
Much like John Lennon and Kurt Cobain of yesteryear, I consider John Mayer to be the voice of the millenial generation. A true outlet for the aingst of today's marginalized youth.

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
Just wanted to make the 10th thread about him in the lounge. I'm not even a fan, I just like even numbers. Feel free to talk about whatever you want. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics