The Original Memory Man

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
Sorry. Original. From EHX. With built in 2 prong plug.
Answer above stays the same. I’d reach out to Howard Davis first in this case, to see if he’s currently accepting work. He invented the Deluxe Memory Man. Send him that pic to tug on his heart strings. Haha

If he isn’t, AnalogMan is also fantastic... He currently has one of my big box DMM’s in for mods. I’m sure he could sort you out. I’d email him about it.

Last edited:

Turnipfarmer

Does anyone know if the name Memory Man is a reference to anything other than itself, the electronics and function?
I think Memory Man is a great name for a delay pedal and it feels uniquely Electro Harmonix. A pedal so classic and the Deluxe Memory Man is one of my favorite music machines!

jaymeister

Out of curiosity, what is the issue with it, aside from it being ugly and worthless...:D

Send it to me, I do repairs. It might take me, oh, about 2 or 3 years though...just to make sure I can honor my warranty I have to test it.

John Quinn

Good news. If you plug into the correct output the Delay works. Yes, I am an idiot. Bad news. Howard Davis no longer repairs these (but an awesome guy to respond so quickly).

Aha so an AirGap issue - Glad it's resolved. Curious question - where did you get that originally? And what year is it from? That's very cool from an aesthetic point of view.
Hey also - have you found anyone that will repair that old of a model?

ogradyboy

I suppose I would need to open it up to get the age? It was owned by my father in law. He was a keyboard player in a jazz band and he used it for gigging. After he died a couple of years ago (80 years old) we found it among the mountain of his musical life.

IDK if it needs repair as much as a once over. I plug Tele into MM into Carr Rambler. It makes cool sounds .

SubApathy

Platinum Supporting Member
Some gut shots. I think this must be a prototype? No idea when it was built. It will never see a place on my pedalboard. I don’t record at home. Keep it? Sell it? Send it to the “Some Vintage Pedal Museum”?
Not a prototype, just the first version of the Memory Man.

https://reverb.com/news/thanks-for-the-memories-man-evolution-of-the-legendary-analog-delay

Personally, if it belonged to a deceased family member of mine, I'd keep it.

Or you can sell it for a few hundred dollars. You even have the box.

hw2nw

Silver Supporting Member
glad I found this thread. Need to get mine in for a tuneup and Howard Davis is not servicing them anymore. Where are you all sending your old DMMs?

BobbyFudge

Bummer that Howard Davis isn't fixing them anymore . He fixed and modded mine last year. Great to deal with.

Trending Topics