• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Perfect Storm for Blackmore/Deep Purple/Whitesnake

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Deep Purple is at NYCB Theatre in NY on July 26.
Whitesnake is there July 27.
Both bands are off the opposite nights.
Ritchie Blackmore lives 41 miles away.
Maybe? Not holding my breath.

Randy

Silver Supporting Member
I've got tickets to see DP in Portchester the 25th... I'll let you know if Richie drops in. ;)

What is the story here?
Im no expert by any means but from interviews with Gillan and Lord (Rip) there is certainly no love lost there. Ritchie was very hard to work with or pretty much be around is what I gathered.

This is a fairly recent interview with Ian that broaches the subject.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...unconscionable-to-reunite-old-lineup-20140805

Seems to go against some of the stuff I have heard from him earlier, although maybe he has mellowed, but he was pretty adamant about his dislike for Ritchie in the past, so at least there seems to be some progress in that regard.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
Not a secret that RB and Gillan hate each other and RB isn't too fond of Coverdale.

I do know that Blackmore recently had some Strats worked on.

Trending Topics