The Pete Cornish Thread Mark VI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Aug 4, 2014.

1. strings2wood

strings2wood Supporting Member

I was wondering if I'd missed out as I'd been told Nov-
    It will happen for you I'm sure.

As suggested,
    I couldn't believe I postponed as he could have posted a grey version by today or Friday....
    Now it's hopefully early next year when a black enclosure is available.

2. sonichronic

sonichronic Supporting Member

that probably means mine won't be until after yours as I ordered black enclosures for my TES/SSC&SFL as well.

I was quoted late summer/early fall by Lynda in May. I almost sent money a month or so ago and Pete said he wouldn't be able to pull it off until Christmas.

I feel like he is just knocking out the entirety of the list. It's odd that all of ours are showing up at the same time.
    I can't wait.

3. Wyzard

Wyzard Member

I finally got round to using the CC-1 and Diamond comp with my K&M LTD. I have used this as my medium-gain amp for years, with just a smattering of reverb in the loop and no pedals. So, a big change in approach. It was all at low/medium volume, out of respect to my newly-retired neighbour who's enjoying being at home in the week right now...

A tiny dusting of Diamond on the clean channel, some boost from the CC-1 on lead, and an FTT reverb in the loop. Amp output into Aracom (one click of attenuation), then EVM12L and Celestion Fullback 15" in separate Cornell/Guitaravenue cabs.

For low-volume work, this is as good as it gets - for me at least: it's similar in feel to what I get from my MkIIB Coli and TR CRS V1 (which I generally use without pedals), but at a tiny fraction of the volume. I'll haul out the DR103 next and try the Diamond/CC-1 with it again, in the light of having spent some time and energy on this combination, and found some really good synergy in it.

To my ears, the CC-1 has a slightly granular thing going on that is absent from the SS-3: I certainly wouldn't categorise the CC-1 as being a smoother ride. The SS-3 gets me a lot further towards fuzz territory without actually arriving ("arriving somewhere, but not here"?), but it never grits up when I use it.

They're distinctively different as gain pedals go, but my experience is far enough from yours that I'm wondering how we both arrived our respective (seemingly almost opposite) conclusions:)o_O:) I've sentenced myself to go back and listen carefully to the two together again, and will return with findings.

Sounds similar to my Two Rock + (Hiwatt, Showman or Coli IIB) rig. Not ideal for pub gigs, needless to say.

4. ItJustRocks

ItJustRocks Gold Supporting Member

The SS3 (had two of them) has always been "fuzzier" than the CC1. I've also had two CC1's and while its not a dumble smooth od, I never experienced a fuzz characteristic from it. I mainly play through alnico speakers so I don't know if that factors in.

5. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

You make me really want a Pete Cornish Chorus and Flanger . The Schnobel vid is excellent and a great reference in a World where its hard to hear what those two pedals do.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Garfy likes this.
  6. adolan

adolan Member

So I finally got a hold of an NG-3 for a great price on Reverb. It arrived last night and I can’t beleive I waited so long but glad I got it for what I got it for, but I should have gotten it 2 yrs ago...

I sold my Rose Effects Black Rose and my Meris Enzo, CBA Dark World and my Tkog Mini Glitch this past week and saw the NG-3 and figured Well I just sold 4 pedals and at least this one I know what I am getting /been missing and have an extra $500 left for a new 1x12 cab for my Divided By 13 JRT 9/15.

I gotta say, in my short foray into fuzz territory, this one is the most to my liking I have played yet..big balls on this pedal...really big...

Garfy likes this.
  7. DoctorSpock

DoctorSpock Supporting Member

I bought a second NG-3 so I could play two side by side. I’ve been SO curious how much variance PC pedals may have. They’re so expensive I don’t think anyone ever buys two to compare but I’m looking forward to doing so. Will still only keep one but I’ll do my best to share my findings.

MrMoose, tubekingsley and adolan like this.
  8. sonichronic

I've always wanted to do that.

NG-3 has so much in it if I was gigging I'd keep the second one.
    dude stacked NG-3s?

once I finally get this Super trio overwith and payed for. I am going to seriously consider getting an NG2.

MrMoose and adolan like this.
  9. SimonGotthelf

SimonGotthelf Supporting Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :)
    A little Cornish P-2...

MrMoose, Jazzmaster60, adolan and 2 others like this.
  10. DoctorSpock

DoctorSpock Supporting Member

Played with the 2nd NG-3 briefly and it seems different! At minimum, the tone control sits like a full 1/3 rotation separately. Need to play them side by side but just intuitively a felt a more immediate connection to the new one. More to come

Why go NG2 if it’s confirmed it’s the NG3 with fixed bias control?

MrMoose likes this.
  11. sonichronic

cuz its different.

and just like you with the second ng3...

I feel like its gonna seem different.

12. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

15% off Pete Cornish pedals at Rock n Roll Vintage today through end of day 28th I think.

Been curious about them and listening to demos so took advantage and ordered an SS-3 battery free version.

adolan and Jazzmaster60 like this.
  13. slide13

Been searching for an answer but haven’t found what I’m looking for.

With the SS-3 and it’s buffer, is that something I need to run first in my chain or can I slot it into the middle like a normal drive pedal. Right now I go Sun Face > Phase95 > various dirt pedals. Wondering if I can put this in with the existing dirt or if it needs to be in front like a fuzz.

14. jm9239

jm9239 Supporting Member

You can put it anywhere behind the fuzz face and any other pedals that may be buffer sensitive.

slide13 likes this.
  15. philrob1

philrob1 Member

The Sunface will not like the buffer in the SS-3 directly after it. The buffer will make the Sunface BRIGHT.

slide13 likes this.
  16. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

Can I ask when you guys got on the list? I got wait list confirmation for a T.E.S. back in November of '15.

17. philrob1

philrob1 Member

Super Flanger: November '15
    TES: April '16

18. ufguy73

ufguy73 Gold Supporting Member

Are the posted prices with the discount - there is no language about a discount either way

19. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

Huh... I just emailed Pete to see if I could get an update. Feel like I should have heard something by now.

20. slide13

Unfortunately it looks like they removed the discount from the Cornish pedals, sorry. It was showing 15% off when I ordered, got the SS-3 for $594. Should be here today so looking forward to finally checking one out.

ufguy73 likes this.