The Pete Cornish Thread Mark VI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Garfy

Garfy Member

Super Chorus/ Super Flanger...Feb 16
    TES...June 16

ctrobertson likes this.
  2. adolan

adolan Member

:) I just got a P-2 in addition to my NG-3 for Xmas for myself! That P-2 is Awesome...I'm glad I caught a great deal when I did as the price was right! And Of Course Merry Xmas Happy New Year too!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Garfy, Jazzmaster60 and SimonGotthelf like this.
  3. nicolasmasset

nicolasmasset Member

I've got a question for CC1, 3Q1 and ST2 owners.

Lately I've been looking for a tone sweetener for the clean signal of my lazy j tweed amp. The search has been fueled by the phenomenal top end of my audio kitchen small trees. So far that pedal has the most natural open top end. Been testdriving the Drybell unit67 too.

So, to the cornish pedals, I've got a CC1, and mainly use that for drive. My main gripes with it, it does smooth the attack of the notes somewhat when overdriven. I love it for sounding very big and dynamic. BUT... I don't think it sounds very "open" like a valve pedal can. Even with the gain turned down, using it unity with the tone knobs at noon, it has a grain to it in the mids. Like the signal's battling something there before it can turn out bigger at the output. It doesn't quite sound like the bypassed signal. It sounds like it's getting altered and compressed somewhere along the way before getting beefed up by the cornish magic. Does anybody know what I mean? :)

What I want to ask I guess: do the 3Q1 or ST2 have the same characteristics, or do they sound more "open"? Looking at the frequency choices, I would assume the rankings of most truthfull to the source, would be ST2>3Q1>CC1?

CC1
    Bass Control range +/- 13dB @ 70Hz
    Mid Control range +/- 15dB @ 1.5KHz
    Treble Control range +/-16dB @ 5KHz

3Q1
    Bass Control range +/- 16dB @ 40Hz
    Mid Control range +/- 15dB @ 1.2KHz
    Treble Control range +/-18dB @ 8KHz

ST2
    Gain Control 0/+15dB @ all frequencies
    Treble Control +/- 16 dB @ 30 Hz (other way around??)
    Bass Control +/- 16 dB @ 3KHz (other way around??)

4. MrMoose

MrMoose Supporting Member

Just sharing some relevant updates on the new stereo delay pedal from Free The Tone:

[​IMG]

P.S. Great work @SimonGotthelf !! :)

SimonGotthelf likes this.
  5. SimonGotthelf

SimonGotthelf Supporting Member

Thank You :) It is an amazing delaypedal. I am recording a new video today :)
    Thank you for sharing
    Cheers Simon

MrMoose likes this.
  6. sonichronic

sonichronic Supporting Member

I was around mid 2015 or early 2016 not sure when... I have two possible emails dont know which one Pete answered.

Pete doesn't usually reach out until the build begins (or is done).
    Lynda told me my TES/SSC/SFL would be ready this Fall.
    When I arranged payment with Pete he told me it wouldn't be ready till Dec.

Phil reached out to find out when his was coming up to arrange his budget.

So chances are your still in line but has not reached out yet.

7. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

Good news! Pete responded to me and said I was number 5 on the list currently, and told me to go ahead and send my DD2, which is going out tomorrow. I'm super stoked!

Garfy and MrMoose like this.
  8. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

Got an email last night saying that Pete received the DD2, and it was tested and good to go. Now I'm getting excited! Anybody know the turnaround once he has the DD2?

Garfy likes this.
  9. sonichronic

he's had my DD2 CE2 and BF2 since July
    have you made payment yet?

I sent em when inquired upon my place in line and Lynda told me I was scheduled for Fall/Early Winter. I almost sent payment back in sept but then Pete said he wouldn't be able to get to it till around Christmas. I contacted him after the New Year and he said he was waiting for payment. I must have misunderstood.

I talked to him last night as well.
    I'm making payment today/tomorrow to confirm the builds.

EDIT: (adding-on) I may hav sent my units prematurely so my experience isn't correct to base any time off of. I do know that even after payment he said it will be at least a week he mentioned that Paypal requires for paid goods to be shipped in 7 days (which he said this was not possible). this is why they switched to Transferwise.
    also my units are in black (which I heard he was waiting for the enclosures) and I also have the SSC & SFL.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    MrMoose and Garfy like this.
  10. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

When I inquired about my place in line a little over a week ago, Pete said I was 5th in line and to go ahead and send the DD2 for testing, which I did and he said he has it and it has been tested, but no further instruction. I assume he builds these in batches? I responded to him this morning saying that I am ready to send payment whenever he is ready for it.

I have not heard of Transferwise. Is that how he likes to receive payment? I suppose I should set an account up? Any info on that would be helpful. Thanks!

11. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

TransferWise is how you pay for Cornish pedals now when you purchase internationally through Pete . I bought a Deluxe NG3 recently and TransferWise were Flawless . I personally won’t use PayPal unless I absolutely have to.
    Yes, you should set up an account , it’s pretty straight forward.

DoctorSpock likes this.
  12. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

Thanks, I will. Is this the site?

https://transferwise.com/us/

13. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

BigDiceBuddha likes this.
  14. DoctorSpock

DoctorSpock Supporting Member

How you liking the NG-3?

15. sonichronic

Just made payment on a TES, Stereo Super Chorus & Super Flanger in BLK.
    transferred over 3.5k o_O yikes... well time to start saving for the gear fund again.

I finally allowed myself to watch the Shnobel Super Flanger video... I can't wait.

I briefly owned a Boss Faceplate TES & SSC, I went through a really bad time of unemployment. Got randomly laid off. It was almost 8 months of no work... I swore I wouldn't just take the job for work, it had to be a gig I really was passionate about. I even sold my Marcello made Echorec before them. It was a sad day. I of course got rid of the SSC first. I knew I was on the list for all three and I would get another SSC eventually but I really wanted to keep the TES so I could run them stereo. Sadly I won't get to do that but I have a plan I will share when I confirm it's in the works.

I love how because of the addition of the Volume/MIX it sounds good on ANY setting he sets it to. I've always been a big fan of the BF2. I'm I think I'm mostly excited for the Flanger but I didn't have a HITONE when I had the TES & SSC. The fidelity available from that amp opens up detail with just about every pedal. I mean today I was running my D*A*M SBC Tone Bender MKII into the Cornish NG-3 with the bias pulled back and some how an slight octave up shows up! WTF! I'll see if I can get a clip this weekend.

2019 is going to be a good year!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  16. sonichronic

I just did a straight International Bank Transfer but for the future, how much did TransferWise charge? the Bank fees were kind of ridiculous.

Garfy likes this.
  17. Garfy

Garfy Member

Great news. Pete confirmed early spring for my Black “big 3”...can’t wait

18. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

Its one of my favourite pedals and I really love it . I just haven’t used it as much as I should have because I’ve been writing on my acoustic guitar . It will always have a place on my pedalboard

DoctorSpock likes this.
  19. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

A whopping $10.18 Australian for a pedal that cost about $1000 Australian .
    I think $10 Australian is about $7 US

20. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

I’ve owned both the CC-1 and the ST-2. I do get the hint of grit and compression that you hear with the CC-1 - that was actually one of the things I liked about it. It fit a natural middle ground between the ST-2 and the SS-3 (which I also owned for a time).

The ST-2 is a different animal. It doesn’t really have compression - I think of it as a clean boost pedal with some tone shaping capabilities. It doesn’t really clip much, you can get a little bit if you almost max out the gain and push the treble a bit. I think where it shines is if you want to sculpt the EQ and are looking for primarily more volume. You can also dial it in so it cuts the gain a hair from your amp and makes it clean up a bit... it’s like an anti-overdrive pedal, ha.

nicolasmasset likes this.