1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

The Pete Cornish Thread Mark VI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by coolhand78, Aug 4, 2014.

1. scotty31

scotty31 Supporting Member

those SIB's are amazing.
    I am lusting one, but need a 220v one.
    I still have my Mr Echo kicking about. Such a great sounding delay.

sonichronic likes this.
  2. Garfy

Garfy Member

Great News and congrats on the TES!!!!

BigDiceBuddha likes this.
  3. ctrobertson

ctrobertson Member

I finally pulled the trigger on an NG-3. I had a chance to play one a few years ago here in Nashville at Carter Vintage and really enjoyed it. I sent an e-mail to Pete about a week ago and it was delivered yesterday (!)... it's an amazing drive of course. I've seen comments on here recently about what a good pedal it is and I'm sure that inspired my decision to go for it. I now own 6 of Pete's pedals... LD-3, OC-1, NG-3, G-2, SS-3, and CC-1 (all battery free). The G-2 was the first in late 2011. I just can't see myself replacing any of them. Each time I get a new one it's the end of a tone quest. Once the board is "complete" ;) I'll post a photo.

GadgetUK and adolan like this.
  4. sonichronic

sonichronic Supporting Member

if ya'll want a TES there is one for sale on eBay for the low low price of 6k!

*obviously NOT affiliated, just pointing out bullish*t

I'm guessing it's one of the new batches. sickening, we have peoples like us who admire this work and wait years for it. scrounge together the cash and
    ya know it's one thing if they had it for awhile and had to part ways with it for unforeseen reasons but I'm sure this isn't the case as they would know that charging 600% the price wouldn't work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254112714327?ul_noapp=true

ctrobertson likes this.
  5. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

That is an outrageous price. That said, I know who that is, and it is a TGP member, although I won't reveal who. Because I know who it is, I know it's not from a new batch and he has had that for years.

I do see from completed listings that one sold on Ebay not long ago for $3500.

6. sonichronic

we'll at least it's not from a new batch. either way this price is outrageous. even went it was 'normal' to spend 4-5k on a used TES about 8+ years ago.

7. jonthomas83

jonthomas83 Member

What's the wait time on a TES these days? Shocking price on the above!

8. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

I put my name on the list in November of 2015, and got it this week. So three years and 2 months for me.

9. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

I doubt it will sell at that price... But that would be crazy if it did.

10. adolan

adolan Member

Initially I thought wow the TES must be like $2k , but then found out they way were less, but yeah those online prices are insane..Someone recently told me that the price they were charging on a used Cornish pedal was a "GREAT DEAL". I was thinking um NO that price is $25/50 less than Brand NEW!! shipped from the man himself a GREAT Deal on a used Cornish pedal is $425/450 for the more expensive ones..(which is about what I have been paying this last few pedals I got used)

BigDiceBuddha likes this.
  11. hstlaurent

hstlaurent Supporting Member

:dunno I have been on the list since 2013. And I have not been asked to send my pedals in yet.

cajone5 likes this.
  12. sonichronic

I know I've said this before but perhaps people still believe that there is a wait list on his catalogue? this hasn't been the case for years. even back in 2016 when I ordered the anniversary pedals, I only waited two weeks.

perhaps because of the antiquated website/ordering system (which I love and prefer with small builders) and the lack of dealers that keep his product in constant stock... they still think people are waiting months for their units.

they read up tons of old posts about the wait list... or people like us chiming in and out and collaborating our information to figure out when our names are coming up on a waitlist.

I recently ran into a guy on here who was flipping Kingsley kit, looking into their sales on here and reverb it was like 4+ pages 3 minstrels, jester this, maiden that... it was sad. I reluctantly brought this to attention of Simon (Kingsley), kinda felt like I was 'snitching'... he also expressed concern but he was like, I can't really control it... it's going to happen whether I like its or not.

It's best to keep it available to everybody and those willing to wait unlike people like Abracadabra who now take applications. Which is sad. in the applications it questions you if you are going to sell the pedal or not. I've ben fully honest with them in the applications about how I ended up selling the pedal even though I absolutely loved it. I went through some tough times and these were during the times where I even had to sell my second-hand TES. of course I get no reply. welp, I guess it makes no sense to re-sell to someone who's already had one. you reach less of an audience that way... though, I doubt they are going for that since they release 10 pedals at a time.

ranting aside... I get it. the markets there. what's wrong with making money? but first off, do some proper research! it's not hard. @BigDiceBuddha easily found within minutes of my post about this that there was a TES that sold not so long ago for 3.5k... which I am surprised about. still didn't think it would be this high. there is also a Super Flanger for $3,333k on Reverb.

13. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

Wow, I that sucks. I would follow up. Did he confirm your spot on the list when you initially inquired? I know for me, I emailed him asking about joining the list, at which point he replied and told me to send a new email with specific information and request, and then he responded to that one confirming.

14. BigDiceBuddha

BigDiceBuddha Member

One of the reasons people may pay those absurd prices is that Pete periodically closes the wait list when it gets too backlogged.

For instance, I think I read on this thread that currently that's the case. In my research on this prior, I think it happened around 2010 as well.

Then you have some people like the poster above who have been on the wait list since 2013 and not heard anything.

To some degree, I feel like I just got lucky. So when people are faced with a. not being able to get on the waitlist, b. having to wait 3 plus years if they are lucky enough to do so, or c. just unaware that they can potentially purchase in the first place... They pay high prices. I never would have paid secondhand prices for one, couldn't justify that.

Honestly, there was a lot of mystique in the process, with no real answers until it was time to send the DD2/pay and then it was done.

15. sonichronic

@hstlaurent
    Same. I actually did it twice because I forgot I did it the first time.
    Also sometimes they will reach out to send your dd2 and if you don't reply then they will move on.

hstlaurent likes this.
  16. hstlaurent

I got the confirmation emails and I have followed up a few times. My name is supposed to be near the top. So I’m crossing my fingers that my name will come up soon. I’m wondering if some issues occurred when i asked him to update my contact info on the list when I moved or something. But at this point I can only speculate.

sonichronic likes this.
  17. sonichronic

definitely mystique indeed. I mean I have an order of all three so mine is a bit different but I was told that my build was scheduled for Late Summer/Early Fall. I sent my DD2/CE2/BF2 in Late July and then tried to pay in August but Pete said I could wait because it wouldn't be done till Christmas. Come the new year I reach out and he said he was waiting for payment. So I paid, even before you @BigDiceBuddha paid and you received yours first... but then there are instances like @philrob1 who's build is set for April but it looks like he signed up for the TES before me or at least around the same time (although he has a tube buffered rack TES) he also had a Super Flanger.

No hate towards Pete, he's just rolling with the punches... there are countless unforeseen hurdles I'm sure he has to deal with that most probably aren't aware of. Since the wait list is 3-4 years long he's gonna reach out and people won't be ready, they won't get the email, they change their order... he's got people commissioning him to do custom work (which he will do sometimes), also dealers and the normal catalogue. Only 3 people handle this too. this is the reason I am happy to pay his prices. All of us who chose to excel at our craft and succeed deserve to be able to charge what we think our time is worth.

I can't imagine with Simon from Kingsley deals with because he's got Amps and Pedals... his WHOLE effect catalogue is 1 year deep and amps are 4 years deep.

adolan and BigDiceBuddha like this.
  18. hstlaurent

Good to know, I might have to double check with Pete that my contact information is correct.

adolan likes this.
  19. jonthomas83

jonthomas83 Member

Pete had an Email crash at some point and lost everything, I believe. May well have been around that time. I can't be sure. Sorry to say, you're probably not even on the radar any more. I had a similar thing happen, but not to the same extent as yourself. Mine was a regular pedal and was rectified and sent out very quickly.

20. adolan

adolan Member

Wouldn't an original email back and forth have the original dates? If so yer all good, time/date stamp doesn't lie (well maybe it does but you get the point) Just dig it up and resend that bad boy, I have had to do that before, btw sorry if im being Capt Obvious...

jonthomas83 likes this.