THE Peter Green 1959 Burst for sale!!

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
No, the '55 black beauty they have belonged to Kossoff. It's been going around lately. That's the third time I've seen it for sale in the last 5 years...

Scott57

You mean the PG belonged to PK too?
No. There's another picture showing a 1955 Black Les Paul Custom purported to have been owned by Paul Kossoff. As along as I'm dreaming I wanted Paul's guitar as well as Peter's guitar.

Scott57

"Only a multi millionaire Fleetwood Mac fan that isn't a player would pay that."

I had to laugh at that one.

Gassage

its alright saying it's a parts dog, but so was Blackie, so is NY's Old Black. Imagine if Gilmour's Black Strat ever came up? That would go into orbit, prob £2m, yet it's a piece of junk if you're realistic about things.

But all are pieces of history

Mark Robinson

Platinum Supporting Member
I worked at Cherokee Studios a million years ago when Gary Moore did the "G-Force" album with Mark Nauseef. He let me play that guitar a few times, he was in the studio for months and months. The neck at that time was profoundly worn and beat, with a pretty sketchy headstock repair. In the immortal words of Lloyd Chiate: "They won't charge extra for that". So I agree that a whole chunk of the value is player attribution as opposed to the thing itself. It's till breathtaking, but you'd have to be pretty sentimental to want to plunk at that digit for that old friend.

Gassage

I have a 2008 LP Trad.

Is that really 5000 times better?

I think not.

Mine is quite good, actually.

Last edited:

AlexF

so that's what those two have been making in prison...
Seriously, it would be great to hear that guitar in the hands of a great player again.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
I thought that dude in texas owned it, the one that bought it off Moore.