The phone is ringing off the wall.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Rid, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Used one of those nifty tracks from Scotts site, thanks.
    The phone kept ringing the other day, at the end I nearly had enough for one day:D
    So I put on my headphones, and hit the button here, had myself alittle break.
    Used my reworked Wolfgang, Screamin' Demon and a APH-1 humbuckers, my Ibanez Metalcharger overdrive, delayla, rehoused cm compressor, amp is my modified Marshall Drp-1.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=415328&songID=3413830

2. journo

journo Member

Hi Niels,

This sort of playing is not the usual "you".
    It is however very, very good!
    Apart from your sound (which I always dig) I like the way you start slowly and build your solo. You also use interesting notes here. Who have you been listening to?

Production is also spot on. Guitar sits very well in the BT.

Cheers,

Mats N

3. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Thanks Mats.
    Ah it is not something I display much, it is just a craving I have from time to time to play like this, dunno I have heard alot of Miles in my youth, my fathers bebop when I was a kid(I am not playing fast, but I remember how they phrased differently I guess?)
    No guitarplayers I am afraid, most are usually too conventional, but Beck and Landau, Huff, alittle Holdsworth, but not enough to name them as huge influences, guess I just hear it like this when I play stuff like this?
    I have recorded a few other things like it, but I almost never upload the clips, as most do not like it much;)
    Niels

4. RSRD

RSRD Member

very smooth. I really, really liked how you entered the song. set a great tone for the rest. the tone is warm and lush. great job.

Thomas

5. Rid

Rid Senior Member

6. scottl

scottl Member

Great job! These types of backings really lend themselves to creative outside phrases and you really did a fine job. I was totally digging it. Awesome smooth fusion tone as well!

7. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Thanks Scott:)
    Most appreciated.