The PLASMA Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by EpicEsquire, Jan 24, 2018.

1. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

I didn’t order a Plus Pedal, no. Cool, but I doubt I’d use it much and it wouldn’t fit in with my upcoming compact board plan anyway (Schmidt Array SA450 w/Gigrig G2). I heard about the Plasma Pedal while watching (all of the) 2018 NAMM videos.

brain21 likes this.
  2. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Yep I’m on mailing list because I have a Plus that I also pre-ordered.

I’m quite intrigued with this Plasma pedal for some reason. If they come out with one that uses dilithium crystals, they can call it the Warp Drive! (Let’s see how many folks here get that reference;)

Only 70,000 hours? Pffft, I practice that much every year! :p

Clark GriswoId and Jkervin like this.
  3. 8strings0hair

8strings0hair Member

Happy for you guys!

By the time I filled out the form the super early bird was gone :(

Love my Plus Pedal, but not into the Plasma beyond $129 (funds are tight too right now).

Will be curious about proper demos once it's released though.

Kudos to Gamechanger for selling out so quick!

4. Pointy Headstock

Pointy Headstock Member

I was an early orderer of the Plus Pedal as I believed in the GC team and their vision and felt a really strong responsibility to back them (we need the next generation of Linn's and Moog's and Oberheim's)...Unfortunately I couldn't bite for a light show stapled to a crappy sounding distortion this time- even at $129. I realize that GC is likely releasing this pedal to generate some much needed cash flow, so hoping that happens and the next GC product is back to being as innovative and musically inspiring as the Plus Pedal is.

5. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

The pedal is pretty cool, I tried it at the show. Doesn't have to be innovative for everyone. Seems plenty of people are on board, it generated a good load of cash for day 1. I got in on it and looking forward to having it on my board. I have a boat load of OD/Distortions but nothing that sounds like this one. It won't work for everything but its going to be super fun to kick it for a solo here and there.

6. Jazzandmore

Yeah that’s my thought. My playing is nowhere near heavy, I don’t even listen to that type of music. But I think this pedal is cool and will be fun to kick in for some things and just enjoy a completely different thing than I used to. It will be my only Distortion although I do own 15 ODs.

7. PedalCrazyFool

PedalCrazyFool Member

Only 70,000 hours? Pffft, I practice that much every year! :p[/QUOTE]

That’s like 8-9 years in a year!!

johnetone likes this.
  8. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

I’m a total dad rocker at most. I play in a blues band (surprise). I spent a good 10 min playing w the pedal and def had some tones that would work for me happening. It’s always aggressive but I was getting stuff happening that would totally work for me. It’s gated but not in the way a spitty fuzz is. I’m already thinking about layout. I may try splitting my signal to feed that and another drive then summing back to mono so it smooths out that gate some.

brain21 likes this.
  9. Jazzandmore

That splitting idea is a good one, will be interested to hear what you think when you try it.

10. Jason Lynn

Jason Lynn Member

I have a lot of ideas, my problem is follow through....option anxiety.

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  11. Jazzandmore

I know, I’ve got some serious time warp capabilities, it’s like I’m living in reverse dog years. But I need it because even though I practice so awesomely...and never spend time on TGP of course...my complete lack of skills means I’ll need another 100 years to be any good :confused:

PedalCrazyFool likes this.
  12. brain21

brain21 Member

FYI: I got an email from Game Changer Audio:
    So if you got in early on the Plus Pedal and the $159 were all gone by the time you read this, you are guaranteed a Plasma for $159.

I gotta say, Ilia (sp?) & co seem like some really good, genuine guys who care and are great at communicating with their customers too. Can't say that for a lot of companies in any industry. I've been impressed by them all around.

johnetone likes this.
  13. Jazzandmore

Yep I got same email. Told them I had already jumped all over the $129 and the guy emailed back pretty quick thanking me. Met them at NAMM 2017, seemed like very nice guys.

brain21 and Wolfboy1 like this.
  14. 6AM

6AM Member

How much is shipping from Latvia?

15. deepbackground

deepbackground Member

My shipping cost was $24

16. brain21

brain21 Member

I suppose it depends where you are. I'm in Atlanta, Ga, and shipping was $23 or $24.

17. downburst82

downburst82 Member

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Shipping was $29 to Canada.

I've been having fun uploading clips to their online live test pedal, its a pretty cool idea and works/sounds great.

Upload clips here
    https://plasmapedal.com/#PLASMA

They playback through the pedal here

18. HHKeegan

HHKeegan Member

Ah yes... It allows one to "Ride the Lightning," If you will.

But yeah if thin/brittle sounding distortion (based off of the limited clips I heard) and cool glowy tubes are your thing , this baby is just $200 away from knocking a more traditional, tried and true dirt box off your board.

valvestate likes this.
  19. Jazzandmore

Tried and true isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t mean one can’t do something a little different every once in a while though. At last count 1153 sold so far. Got mine right away so it wasn’t $200. For those that have no interest it’s all good, forget it even exists and continue to play to one’s hearts desire.

I can’t speak for any other TGPer, but I’m not EJ, Slash, Vai, Gilmour, or any other famous player, so I don’t have to maintain an expected tone for my world wide audience. So trying new things is all part of the fun for me. :)

20. HHKeegan

HHKeegan Member

What about doing something that is both different and that sounds good?