• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The PLASMA Pedal

your name here

Silver Supporting Member
No ****. Someone paid the $500 to get the pink one! And yeah, looks like 2 people hit the wrong button by mistake and went through with the order and paid $199 when there are still over 300 right now at the $159 level. Ooops!

Curious, the only reason I knew exactly when it was going on sale and for how much (admittedly while I have seen all the YouTube videos I haven't been paying much attention otherwise, other than this thread) was because I was on their mailing list since I bought the Plus Pedal as an early bird too. Do you guys all have plus pedals, or did you sign up for their mailing list after seeing stuff here? I assume that they have a place to sign up for a mailing list. I haven't even checked out their website since I got my Plus Pedal. I've been slacking.

If they ship in late August, then they should be arriving at almost the 1 year anniversary of my Plus Pedal which I got somewhere around the 10th of Sept. last year, just in time for my birthday!

FYI - from the indiegogo page WRT the tube:

How long till the xenon tube dies? Is it replaceable?
We estimate that the tube should last around 70 000 hours which is 24 years if you play 8 hours every day. We do not know this for sure since we have not tested it for that long. However, we've been testing PLASMA Distortion for many months now and we have not noticed any signs of wear.
Yes, the tube is replaceable in case it gets broken or damaged due to physical impact.
I didn’t order a Plus Pedal, no. Cool, but I doubt I’d use it much and it wouldn’t fit in with my upcoming compact board plan anyway (Schmidt Array SA450 w/Gigrig G2). I heard about the Plasma Pedal while watching (all of the) 2018 NAMM videos.

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
No ****. Someone paid the $500 to get the pink one! And yeah, looks like 2 people hit the wrong button by mistake and went through with the order and paid $199 when there are still over 300 right now at the $159 level. Ooops!

Curious, the only reason I knew exactly when it was going on sale and for how much (admittedly while I have seen all the YouTube videos I haven't been paying much attention otherwise, other than this thread) was because I was on their mailing list since I bought the Plus Pedal as an early bird too. Do you guys all have plus pedals, or did you sign up for their mailing list after seeing stuff here? I assume that they have a place to sign up for a mailing list. I haven't even checked out their website since I got my Plus Pedal. I've been slacking.

If they ship in late August, then they should be arriving at almost the 1 year anniversary of my Plus Pedal which I got somewhere around the 10th of Sept. last year, just in time for my birthday!

FYI - from the indiegogo page WRT the tube:

How long till the xenon tube dies? Is it replaceable?
We estimate that the tube should last around 70 000 hours which is 24 years if you play 8 hours every day. We do not know this for sure since we have not tested it for that long. However, we've been testing PLASMA Distortion for many months now and we have not noticed any signs of wear.
Yes, the tube is replaceable in case it gets broken or damaged due to physical impact.
Yep I’m on mailing list because I have a Plus that I also pre-ordered.

I’m quite intrigued with this Plasma pedal for some reason. If they come out with one that uses dilithium crystals, they can call it the Warp Drive! (Let’s see how many folks here get that reference;)

Only 70,000 hours? Pffft, I practice that much every year! :p

8strings0hair

Happy for you guys!

By the time I filled out the form the super early bird was gone :(

Love my Plus Pedal, but not into the Plasma beyond $129 (funds are tight too right now).

Will be curious about proper demos once it's released though.

Kudos to Gamechanger for selling out so quick!

I was an early orderer of the Plus Pedal as I believed in the GC team and their vision and felt a really strong responsibility to back them (we need the next generation of Linn's and Moog's and Oberheim's)...Unfortunately I couldn't bite for a light show stapled to a crappy sounding distortion this time- even at $129. I realize that GC is likely releasing this pedal to generate some much needed cash flow, so hoping that happens and the next GC product is back to being as innovative and musically inspiring as the Plus Pedal is.

Jason Lynn

The pedal is pretty cool, I tried it at the show. Doesn't have to be innovative for everyone. Seems plenty of people are on board, it generated a good load of cash for day 1. I got in on it and looking forward to having it on my board. I have a boat load of OD/Distortions but nothing that sounds like this one. It won't work for everything but its going to be super fun to kick it for a solo here and there.

Jazzandmore

The pedal is pretty cool, I tried it at the show. Doesn't have to be innovative for everyone. Seems plenty of people are on board, it generated a good load of cash for day 1. I got in on it and looking forward to having it on my board. I have a boat load of OD/Distortions but nothing that sounds like this one. It won't work for everything but its going to be super fun to kick it for a solo here and there.
Yeah that’s my thought. My playing is nowhere near heavy, I don’t even listen to that type of music. But I think this pedal is cool and will be fun to kick in for some things and just enjoy a completely different thing than I used to. It will be my only Distortion although I do own 15 ODs.

Jason Lynn

Yeah that’s my thought. My playing is nowhere near heavy, I don’t even listen to that type of music. But I think this pedal is cool and will be fun to kick in for some things and just enjoy a completely different thing than I used to. It will be my only Distortion although I do own 15 ODs.
I’m a total dad rocker at most. I play in a blues band (surprise). I spent a good 10 min playing w the pedal and def had some tones that would work for me happening. It’s always aggressive but I was getting stuff happening that would totally work for me. It’s gated but not in the way a spitty fuzz is. I’m already thinking about layout. I may try splitting my signal to feed that and another drive then summing back to mono so it smooths out that gate some.

Jazzandmore

I’m a total dad rocker at most. I play in a blues band (surprise). I spent a good 10 min playing w the pedal and def had some tones that would work for me happening. It’s always aggressive but I was getting stuff happening that would totally work for me. It’s gated but not in the way a spitty fuzz is. I’m already thinking about layout. I may try splitting my signal to feed that and another drive then summing back to mono so it smooths out that gate some.
That splitting idea is a good one, will be interested to hear what you think when you try it.

Jazzandmore

That’s like 8-9 years in a year!!
I know, I’ve got some serious time warp capabilities, it’s like I’m living in reverse dog years. But I need it because even though I practice so awesomely...and never spend time on TGP of course...my complete lack of skills means I’ll need another 100 years to be any good :confused:

brain21

FYI: I got an email from Game Changer Audio:
We just wanted to let you know that as an early Plus Supported you have a guaranteed price of USD 159 for the Plasma Pedal in case you miss the Early Bird round or cannot make the payment go through for some reason. You can count on this offer.
So if you got in early on the Plus Pedal and the $159 were all gone by the time you read this, you are guaranteed a Plasma for $159.

I gotta say, Ilia (sp?) & co seem like some really good, genuine guys who care and are great at communicating with their customers too. Can't say that for a lot of companies in any industry. I've been impressed by them all around.

Jazzandmore

FYI: I got an email from Game Changer Audio:

So if you got in early on the Plus Pedal and the $159 were all gone by the time you read this, you are guaranteed a Plasma for $159.

I gotta say, Ilia (sp?) & co seem like some really good, genuine guys who care and are great at communicating with their customers too. Can't say that for a lot of companies in any industry. I've been impressed by them all around.
Yep I got same email. Told them I had already jumped all over the $129 and the guy emailed back pretty quick thanking me. Met them at NAMM 2017, seemed like very nice guys.

HHKeegan

"The PLASMA PEDAL is a revolutionary approach within the realm of overdrive and distortion, as it is a new and previously unexplored method of achieving signal clipping. Instead of using LED circuits, transistors or vacuum tubes to produce overdrive, the PLASMA PEDAL transforms your instrument’s live signal into a series of continuous high-voltage discharges within a xenon-filled tube. In essence – you are playing a bolt of electricity, and the electrical discharges produced by your instrument are instantly converted back into an analog audio signal, producing a quick, responsive, and extremely heavy distortion with TONS of unique character!"

Say wut? Surely sounds a gimmick to me. :facepalm:dunno
Ah yes... It allows one to "Ride the Lightning," If you will.

But yeah if thin/brittle sounding distortion (based off of the limited clips I heard) and cool glowy tubes are your thing , this baby is just $200 away from knocking a more traditional, tried and true dirt box off your board.

Jazzandmore

Ah yes... It allows one to "Ride the Lightning," If you will.

But yeah if thin/brittle sounding distortion (based off of the limited clips I heard) and cool glowy tubes are your thing , this baby is just $200 away from knocking a more traditional, tried and true dirt box off your board.
Tried and true isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t mean one can’t do something a little different every once in a while though. At last count 1153 sold so far. Got mine right away so it wasn’t $200. For those that have no interest it’s all good, forget it even exists and continue to play to one’s hearts desire.

I can’t speak for any other TGPer, but I’m not EJ, Slash, Vai, Gilmour, or any other famous player, so I don’t have to maintain an expected tone for my world wide audience. So trying new things is all part of the fun for me. :)

HHKeegan

Tried and true isn’t going anywhere. Doesn’t mean one can’t do something a little different every once in a while though. At last count 1153 sold so far. Got mine right away so it wasn’t $200. For those that have no interest it’s all good, forget it even exists and continue to play to one’s hearts desire.

I can’t speak for any other TGPer, but I’m not EJ, Slash, Vai, Gilmour, or any other famous player, so I don’t have to maintain an expected tone for my world wide audience. So trying new things is all part of the fun for me. :)
What about doing something that is both different and that sounds good?

Trending Topics