1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

The POD HD Bean is shipping

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Jim Soloway, May 20, 2011.

1. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Member

Just announced on the the Line 6 Facebook page. (I guess GAS is not dead for me yet)

2. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Hahahaha:D

C'mon Jim. The bean is exactly the same as the HD500 (that you already had!!!) just without the footcontroller......ok....well...we are still on The GEAR page....:dude

3. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Yes! I've been waiting for it for months.

I wonder if it’s shipping with the most current software or whether you’ll need to update it immediately like the first M9 shipments.

4. Electric I

Electric I Member

Good to know. Soon as it's available, I'm in. Thanks for the heads-up.

5. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

BTW: Release date in Europe is Monday, June 24th. Thomann give it as first shipping date. 429€ ....please, no comment from the US forumites....we all know....:FM

6. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

love that new dark graphite color -- the bean HD is really sexy. if i didn't need the pedalboard use for live gigs, it would be BEAN all the way for me!

7. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

...you can still get the FBV, Bobby....:p

8. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I bought the very first version of the bean back at the turn of the century. I thought it was really revolutionary. I'd owned a Sansamp G2, Rockman, a Pandora, and few other things, but none of them sounded convincing or even very good. The POD changed all that. You could get very good sounding guitar tracks from a variety of amps at 3am. I've done a lot of recording with mine over the years with mostly great results. I am super stoked about the HD version.

9. dexter1225

dexter1225 Member

Have they posted specs on it? I just picked up the HD500 last week and if the bean has any better specs (faster DSP or whatever), I'd rather pick that up

10. 1wheel

1wheel Member

Dexter,
    Keep your HD500, you likely made the correct choice (unless you travel all the time).... I have a 500 as well... might get a bean for travel and recording on the road..

the 500 is great (giging and recording)... I also have a JTV variax so the 500 is the way to go (the bean does not have the digital interface or MIDI)...

Your safe... enjoy your HD500... i do

11. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Member

No it's not. It's much smaller and lighter and at my age, much smaller and lighter is a REALLY GOOD THING :)

12. dexter1225

dexter1225 Member

Excellent, thanks! I have really been enjoying it and it's much more easy/courteous to play it in an apartment building than plugging in the old Fender Deluxe :bonk

Just thinking if it had more processing power with more DSP capability, I would consider it, but the convenience of it all in one unit is unbeatable

13. Digital Igloo

Digital Igloo Member

The processor is the same as POD HD500.

The very first shipping units most likely won't have the newest OS, but it should be ready to go in Monkey as of this writing.

It's sitting on my desk right now, and yes, the dark graphite is indeed sexy. :)

14. Webfoot

Webfoot Supporting Member

So does it work as well into the front of a 'clean' amp as well as a PA?

15. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Member

It loses a lot of its functionality when you use it that way (at least in part because what we think of as a "clean" amp really isn't that clean at all). You end up having to shut down the amp simulations leaving you just the effects.

16. mdme_sadie

mdme_sadie Member

You can use the amp sims, but you lose the mic sim is all. Their tonal characteristics are likely to be pretty dramatically different through a pretty colored guitar amp, but they're still good fun to use. Don't forget that the Pod HD is relaly designed to be used in conjunction with Line 6's the DT50 amp. On some amps the FX Loop actually allows you to replace the signal from the preamp going into your amp in which case you can make use of the pre models and just use your own amps power section too.

There's nothing stopping you from using it just like any other FX unit essentially.

17. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

i want an HD bean -- it can fit in my gigbag, and have all my favorite HD500 presets in it.....:drool

18. drwiddly

drwiddly Member

I had a Pod 2.0 and I still have an xt bean and they both had MIDI. Have Line 6 left it off the new HD bean? Why??

19. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Already since the X3. I believe because they are conceived purely as recording tool and they support midi through USB. If you need to connect to other units you normally have the rack version (I believe is coming) or the pedalboard for live use...

20. Electric I

Electric I Member

Believe this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

+ this:

[​IMG]

and this :

[​IMG]

will make for a nice rig both home & abroad.