• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The poles on your humbucker high or low

Strat58

Hi just wanted to know how you set the poles on your humbucker. I have been trying to adjusr for a more agressive sound and its realy works, I do remember I used to put mine pick ups very high because you get a kind of compression in your sound. These days I have them much lower and also the pick-up poles are barely up (well a little). Okay would like opion :)
Peace Strat58

operanonverba

Gold Supporting Member
I set the poles under the E strings flush with the cover or bobbin. I then press the E strings on the last fret and set the pup height between 4 and 5/64ths depending on the brand from the top of the pole to the bottom of the string. I then press each string on the last fret and set each pole the same following the radius of the board. Works for me. YMMV.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
On the bridge pickup, they're usually more-or-less flush. On the neck pickup, they're usually up a bit.

-Austin

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I start by adjusting them to the radius of the fretboard and fine tune from there.

bluesrules

Hi okay thats a good point string balance now to find a meter the measure each string.
Thxx you for your support.
Peace Strat58
Not everything has too be an exact science, turn your amp up a bit and play some scales, your ears will do fine.

siore

On the bridge pickup, they're usually more-or-less flush. On the neck pickup, they're usually up a bit.

-Austin
Me too. The setup below. Result is more output on the bridge, more clarity and highs on the neck. YMMV.

Bridge:
Pickup - High (close to strings as practical)
Polepieces - Low (but not too flush)

Neck
Pickup - Low
Polepieces - High

Trending Topics