The Police amps on current tour

g335

Hello

Just saw the Police tonight, greatttttt show, the best concert I have ever been too.

I was up front and was able to see Andy Summers and Stings amps. Andy was playing a Custom Audio amp. Didn't know that they made guitar amps. But it was inside of a mesa head, his cabinets were all 2x12 Mesa cabinets. Great sound.
Does anyone know the specs on his amp for this tour?

Straight from the horses mouth.

As many of you may have seen from Police's appearance at the Grammy Awards, Andy Summers had just taken delivery of a brand new Bradshaw rig with the OD-100 Classic+ as the main tone machine. The band is preparing for a massive world tour at the moment and we'll be supplying Andy with a second OD-100 Classic+ for backup purposes. For those of you who didn't get to see Police at the Grammy Awards, here's the YouTube link:

Mine should be here within the next few weeks.

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
Should be getting my ODSE+ soon. . . LOVE IT! The CLassic+ is amazing in its own right. . .

TNJ

I've owned the Suhr OD100 standard with the SH mod.
Great amp.
For my needs...I prefer the Shiva.

S.
j

devbro

Gotta say,
I've owned both Shiva and OD-100 and the OD-100 in my book stomped the Shiva in spades. The OD-100 clean was amazing. Very open, sparkled and uncompressed like the Shiva. The OD-100 drive channel was voiced a little more modern than the Shiva but it too was open, uncompressed and didn't sound muffled like the Shiva. In all fairness, my Shiva was an EL34 and I hear the 6L6 version is better. If you ever have a chance to see the guts of an OD-100 you will be amazed. I've never seen a cleaner layout and dressing. I miss my OD-100:eek:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom