The PRS Singlecut sings for millions!

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
I'm watching ladies night on American Idol and can't help but notice how great the guitar sounds. Granted the guy's got chops and I own a PRS singlecut and am admittedly biased. But nevertheless the super bridge pickup lead sound cannot be denied.

Andre357

What model was it ? Not a single cut trem....

It had four knobs and the pickup selector was on the top horn.....

A sc245 with a trem ?

Butterfly

Didn't see it but if it had 4 knobs and a trem it could be a new 2008 Tremonti model. Thicker body than the SC trem, different layout, and if its the Tremonti, with hot PRS Tremonti pickups, especially the bridge.

RDM

That was the first time I heard a PRS and said "Wow....that actually sounds good."

buddastrat

Me too RDM. I never like how PRS sounds no matter who's playing it. But I just watched the youtube and it did sound pretty good. Reminded me of a good strat tone. That's how I like my strats to sound on the bridge pickup, with a single coil.

soldano16

I think it's more just a really good amp properly set up with a decent guitar. Once there's that much gain, it's hard to know where the tone is coming from.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
So you admit to watching American Idol?:barf

I thikn BEST sounding PRS is the McCarty by far! Most organinc and rich. I also love my CE-22.

Lewkk

Not seen the video, but I'd imagine its his sc250. He had some guitars stolen recently including his 513 that he often played on American Idol.

franksguitar

I saw Paul Jackson Jr. at the PRS Experience. He had incredible tone with his PRS. I saw him play the Hollow McCarty with bridge piezo there.

CS'56

See now that's the PRS tone I hate. Plinky and thin like a tin can, especially in Breezin. On the Watchtower it was the narrow, midrange tone that they usually have.

On Breezin, he probably had the coils split for that single coil sound

Trending Topics

Top Bottom