:rimshot

Hilarious! :messedup

Actually...

I don't get it... :dunno

Care to let me on on the joke here?

chankgeez

Oh, and, btw, for anyone who's interested, here's the pump:

Menatone pedals are incredible!

Transparent but so harmonically rich & unique. They feel so good to play. Tone machines. Reliable and finely crafted. Literally built for the working man-gigging musician. True bypass, handmade, point to point wiring. Flawless.

With the semi-recent pedal craze going absolutely absurd it’s nice to show some love to an OG. Menatone pedals are the epitome of the early boutique pedal movement.
Any haters are just confused, probably have a piss poor tone and were born on or after the year 2000. Sorry!

I’ve tried so many pedals recently that had an insane price tag but we’re just mehhh. I hate to name names so I won’t, but it seems like so many hipsters think they can make good pedals nowadays. Most of them end up falling off… Menatone is still around.

Thanks Menatone !

My 99’ octave ringer is my price & joy. It’s absolutely f*****g nuts.

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
I've got nothing bad to say about @ZeetoCheeto .

He and I both live in Brooklyn. I don't want to get ambushed coming out of work one day...

I don't see anything wrong about making a thread puffing up your semi-incredibly-but-not-too-rare pedal before you list it asking for way too much?

(Ask me about it again when I move to Wisconsin. :hide)

I've got nothing bad to say about @ZeetoCheeto .

He and I both live in Brooklyn. I don't want to get ambushed coming out of work one day...

I don't see anything wrong about making a thread puffing up your semi-incredibly-but-not-too-rare pedal before you list it asking for way too much?

(Ask me about it again when I move to Wisconsin. :hide)
In Brooklyn accent: "hey! Ohhh! I'm sellllinggg herre!"

Lullaby

Oh what you do to me! no one knows
Silver Supporting Member
You guys are so salty it’s hilarious.
Only 1 day after I post & all this hype??

Thanks for the bump chunkgeezer !! XD
You should be so proud of yourself for calling me out for “anyone who’s interested” ..

..Actually, you are as lame as they come @chankgeez

* For all who are interested in a legitimate take:

I’m a big Menatone fan & really do love this pedal… it sounds amazing and took me a super long time to find. I play in a few well known nyc based bands, have used it live and in many studio sessions.

I paid a pretty penny for it also, raising my bottom dollar & I’m honest and upfront with all potential buyers who express their interest.
Im sorry that bothers you all so much!

I apologize that the cost of living in this abomination of a country has caused me to seek out top dollar for my gear.. that is only a small victory in the bleak of free market capitalism.

I hope that you guys find more peace and happiness in your lives. Maybe spend more time off the internet gearpage and enjoy the sun :)
I just wandered in and I totally high-5 your roll on the sale. I spend every day seeking mis-labeled, poorly promoted stuff(in my case watches) - I have an ebay tab open now, really should go back to hunting.
But yeah, I have hundreds of haters in my genre, they hate how I stockpile rare parts and put the best of the best together to make the incredibly best. They need to pay for my hunt time - like a professional guide? A professional curator? My resonse to the haters isn't AM radio, it's the other one, both hands. ;)

Why won't you accept my offer? Because it's a want not a need? LOLOLOL

Lullaby

Silver Supporting Member
Eight bills? It seems like a lot for a pedal but if it's rare and it's the magic pedal, idk. Much cheaper than any divorce? I'd like to hear one IRL, just curious. Hope it goes to someone who actually uses it and doesn't just treasure it. Even if they end up wearing it out or breaking it. That is the life cycle.

Chankdeez

Eight bills? It seems like a lot for a pedal but if it's rare and it's the magic pedal, idk. Much cheaper than any divorce? I'd like to hear one IRL, just curious. Hope it goes to someone who actually uses it and doesn't just treasure it. Even if they end up wearing it out or breaking it. That is the life cycle.
The sound of this pedal is priceless in the right hands. That is the beauty of music my friend!

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, and good luck with all your future Hunting!

So much has been found..but there’s still so much out there…

Lullaby

Silver Supporting Member
She's my sweet little baby, she's my price and joy..
Maybe it was a subliminal thing "you'll have to pay my price if you want the joy". Could be a language barrier thing - I think someone said he's from Brooklyn? j/k j/k

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
Only 1 day after I post & all this hype??
You guys are so salty it’s hilarious..

Thanks for the bump chunkgeezer !! XD
You should be so proud of yourself for trying to call me out for “anyone who’s interested” ..

..Actually, you are as lame as they come. :messedup - @chankgeez

* For all who are interested in a legitimate take:

I’m an actual fan and user of Menatone pedals. This was always my favorite & I love this pedal… it sounds amazing and took me a super long time to find after seeing it in Rudy’s music shop as a youngster. I play in a few well known nyc based bands, have used it live and in many studio sessions. It’s not a re-sell.

I paid a pretty penny for it also, raising my bottom dollar when I decided I would sell it to help pay my rent/other living expenses.

I’m honest and upfront with all potential buyers who express their interest. I always have offers on, I'm lenient with my prices & work with people to make sure they are satisfied and comfortable with the sale/financing.
Ive been a 5 star Reverb & EBay seller for years & years.

Im sorry that bothers you so much! - @chankgeez - I suspect you have some serious insecurities that you feel the need to undermine someone else’s listing. It’s just bizarre behavior - troubling.

For anyone who might want a similar effect at a more reasonable price, I believe Menatone still makes customs and their work is fantastic. But this is the real deal from over 20 years ago when he first started out…Really for the collectors and die hard fans. Every year it will appreciate in value.

I apologize that the cost of living in this abomination of a country has caused me to seek out top dollar for my gear.. that is only a small victory in the bleak of free market capitalism.

I hope that you guys find more peace and happiness in your lives. Maybe spend more time off the internet gearpage and enjoy the sun :) It’s clear that some of you spend way too much time on here ….

But before you do that follow me on instagram @ZeetoCheeto

Thanks again for the shoutout @chankgeez !

For the conspiracy theorists here, My original post was flagged & I was sent a warning after trying to make it a sales listing - immediately removed. (I did not realize that was against the rules)

Also price & joy was just a typo…

;)
While I’m not really a fan of the “call out” method of thread (comedy notwithstanding), what I’m hearing is you purchased something you really felt inspired by but possibly couldn’t afford.. That’s going by your comment about selling it to cover rent and gas- which is rising globally, I might add. It’s not just a US problem. ;)

In any case, if it’s worth your asking then it will sell. Menatone pedals are criminally underrated; if you get 8 bills for the O Ring, I’ll have to consider a new side hustle- hunting down old Menatones and flipping them for mad cash!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom