The pump and the dump?

Lullaby

Oh what you do to me! no one knows
Silver Supporting Member
While I’m not really a fan of the “call out” method of thread (comedy notwithstanding), what I’m hearing is you purchased something you really felt inspired by but possibly couldn’t afford.. That’s going by your comment about selling it to cover rent and gas- which is rising globally, I might add. It’s not just a US problem. ;)

In any case, if it’s worth your asking then it will sell. Menatone pedals are criminally underrated; if you get 8 bills for the O Ring, I’ll have to consider a new side hustle- hunting down old Menatones and flipping them for mad cash!
You made another good point. Some people flip an item they can't really afford to buy, but their gut tells them they could make some profit by bearing the short term pain. Or it's just an incredible deal and they will deny themselves in the future to cover it. This is music business, music is something else.

Lullaby

Silver Supporting Member
I just got my 2nd warning for inappropriate advertising because I have to keep talking about this bs!!

Lol
Probably should stop responding bro. There may have been slight some hope . . nah, that would never happen. people aren't like that.

Could you posibly change your dealer status here to stay out of trouble? I mean, running a website like TGP is not cheap and it is a business too. You can't have a reserved spot if you are not a paying customer. just sayin. *That is not intended as commentary on moderation or the site per se. I want to be a good boy, I really do!

I'm new so I havn't figured out half the ways of this place. Good luck.

Last edited:

chankgeez

Only 1 day after I post & all this hype??
You guys are so salty it’s hilarious..

Thanks for the bump chunkgeezer !! XD
You should be so proud of yourself for trying to call me out for “anyone who’s interested” ..

..Actually, you are as lame as they come. :messedup - @chankgeez

* For all who are interested in a legitimate take:

I’m an actual fan and user of Menatone pedals. This was always my favorite & I love this pedal… it sounds amazing and took me a super long time to find after seeing it in Rudy’s music shop as a youngster. I play in a few well known nyc based bands, have used it live and in many studio sessions. It’s not a re-sell.

I paid a pretty penny for it also, raising my bottom dollar when I decided I would sell it to help pay my rent/other living expenses.

I’m honest and upfront with all potential buyers who express their interest. I always have offers on, I'm lenient with my prices & work with people to make sure they are satisfied and comfortable with the sale/financing.
Ive been a 5 star Reverb & EBay seller for years & years.

Im sorry that bothers you so much! - @chankgeez - I suspect you have some serious insecurities that you feel the need to undermine someone else’s listing. It’s just bizarre behavior - troubling.

For anyone who might want a similar effect at a more reasonable price, I believe Menatone still makes customs and their work is fantastic. But this is the real deal from over 20 years ago when he first started out…Really for the collectors and die hard fans. Every year it will appreciate in value.

I apologize that the cost of living in this abomination of a country has caused me to seek out top dollar for my gear.. that is only a small victory in the bleak of free market capitalism.

I hope that you guys find more peace and happiness in your lives. Maybe spend more time off the internet gearpage and enjoy the sun :) It’s clear that some of you spend way too much time on here ….

But before you do that follow me on instagram @ZeetoCheeto

Thanks again for the shoutout @chankgeez !

For the conspiracy theorists here, My original post was flagged & I was sent a warning after trying to make it a sales listing - immediately removed. (I did not realize that was against the rules)

Also price & joy was just a typo…

;)

Wow, that's quite a lot of defendin'. :spit

Thanks for the personal attacks, btw, they're much appreciated.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
I just got my 2nd warning for inappropriate advertising because I have to keep talking about this bs!!

Lol
You aren't getting warnings for engaging in the threads. I believe it's the comments about being willing to negotiate and what seems like subtle hints that someone should contact you if they're interested and want a better deal than your listed price. That might not've been your intent, but I'd bet those were what triggered the warnings.

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
Eight bills? It seems like a lot for a pedal but if it's rare and it's the magic pedal, idk. Much cheaper than any divorce? I'd like to hear one IRL, just curious. Hope it goes to someone who actually uses it and doesn't just treasure it. Even if they end up wearing it out or breaking it. That is the life cycle.

How much of a cut are you getting from the sale?

Lullaby

Silver Supporting Member
How much of a cut are you getting from the sale?
Nothing. I'm just his landlord and I don't feel like painting his space for a new tenant. I kid, I kid.

But serious, nada. Don't know the guy. But I approve of his industriousness on this. It's a funny thing about human nature: if I sell a man an $800 pedal he knows I paid $750 for it's fine. But if my friend gave it to me, I am a gouging theif and should be publically shamed. Rookie mistake telling people what he paid imo. I'm sure he has also bought his fair share of turnips and had to eat that too. Customers never see the losses.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
Nothing. I'm just his landlord and I don't feel like painting his space for a new tenant. I kid, I kid.

But serious, nada. Don't know the guy. But I approve of his industriousness on this. It's a funny thing about human nature: if I sell a man an $800 pedal he knows I paid $750 for it's fine. But if my friend gave it to me, I am a gouging theif and should be publically shamed. Rookie mistake telling people what he paid imo. I'm sure he has also bought his fair share of turnips and had to eat that too. Customers never see the losses.
Facts. "New pedal day" threads are always a mistake with the high rate of gear turnover around here.

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
So the seller talked up the pedal and then posted it for sale. Originally the asking price was $1k. They claim to have paid $650 when purchased new from Brian Mena.

I have a very hard time believing that Brian would charge that much in the first place or that anyone would pay $650 let alone $1k for this pedal.

The Moog MF-102 is selling for between $400-600 lately. I can’t see any reason that this pedal would be worth more.

chankgeez

So the seller talked up the pedal and then posted it for sale. Originally the asking price was $1k. They claim to have paid $650 when purchased new from Brian Mena.

I have a very hard time believing that Brian would charge that much in the first place or that anyone would pay $650 let alone $1k for this pedal.

The Moog MF-102 is selling for between $400-600 lately. I can’t see any reason that this pedal would be worth more.

Not sure that's what they're claimin'. I think it was bought used. :dunno

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
Well, at least the price has now come down to $800 from $1,100 (or was it $1,000?). Not exactly a bargain, but Brooklyn is VERY expensive and Menatone pedals are VERY good. By the way, pedals are the new inflation hedge. Pass it on.

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
Not sure that's what they're claimin'. I think it was bought used. :dunno

Oh, I must’ve missed that. It only makes slightly more sense now. I still can’t believe anyone would pay more for this pedal than a Moog MF-102. I’d be surprised if the seller gets over $300 for it in the end but I guess it’s an octave-fuzz-ring-mod affair so who knows? I wonder if it’s a version of the Green Ringer?

Last edited:

Chankdeez

Most of you guys need to learn how to read Lol. Did I ever once say I bought it new ? Or that I bought it directly from menatone?

Did I ever once say how long I’ve had it for?

So what’s all the speculation for..? It’s for you guys to feel a lot better about yourselves. Nothing is getting to me and only drawing more attention to it.

Thanks again for being so butt hurt about it !

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
So the exact unit being sold in the current listing was just purchased recently from this listing for $400 or less from a seller in Switzerland.

If the current seller actually paid $650 then someone made $250 off them. My bet is that the current seller purchased the pedal from that listing above and didn’t actually pay $650 but instead paid between $300-400 which I still think is bonkers for what’s likely a modified Green Ringer (even given as good as Menatone is) but who knows? People do pay quite a lot for very basic fuzz circuits.

So the exact unit being sold in the current listing was just purchased recently from this listing for $400 or less from a seller in Switzerland.

That listing is only four months old, so that's the max limit on how long ago it could've been purchased.

But then that would mean..... :eek:

This was always my favorite & I love this pedal…
The intention is never to “flip” an item.
My 99’ octave ringer is my price & joy. It’s absolutely f*****g nuts.
I've had it a while.
Most of you guys need to learn how to read Lol.

R.c744462b39e00785819acfd8d234462b

FWIW, I feel that what people want to buy and sell their stuff for is their own business.

But BS is BS.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom