The quest for this tone on my POD HD 500

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by bigtone82, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bigtone82

bigtone82 Member

So I've only had my HD 500 a couple weeks, so I'm still kind of in doodle mode with it, and haven't really sat down and tone tweaked. I've been enjoying the large community of custom tones.

I'd really like to get this clean tone for church -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3adFUYibqk

If anyone has anything close that would be awesome, but just looking for a nudge in the right direction. This guy pretty much nails it, I'm not sure what kind of equipment he's using though -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k6nW3mzfQE

I'll be playing direct with my strat

2. HolyMuffDiver

HolyMuffDiver Member

I'd probably start with a compressor, the Deluxe model, and some reverb. Maybe a very slight analog delay for extra warmth, but nothing too overpowering. Otherwise that tone's coming from a Strat neck pickup and some fingers. (I can't stand LB's music, but I love his tone and guitar playing!)

3. bigtone82

bigtone82 Member

Cool thanks, I'll get a chance to sit down with it and tweak it tomorrow night probably... Hopefully be able to get close.

4. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

That dude uses an HD500, but I think he also used an AxeFX more recently. Not too familiar with his work honestly but listening to that tone, its definitely a strat into Fender amp type tone. I'd start with any of the Fender models set with the gain well below noon. I'd also go with a 4X12 cab model to warm things up a little and provide more depth to the tone. All that said, a huge part of that sound is his technique...

5. GuitarKidd

GuitarKidd Member

Are you using single coils.. that is going to help a lot... I wish Lincoln would hurry up and put his HD500 patches on his website. From what I understand he is touring with the HD500's right now... maybe one day he will switch to the axe completely.. who knows.+

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  6. bigtone82

bigtone82 Member

Yeah my axe at the moment is a Jimmie Vaughan signature strat

7. mwc2112

mwc2112 Supporting Member

FWIW, I think he used Pod Farm 2.0 to record that album.

8. rufedges

rufedges Member

Ahhhhh, Lincolns tones....been my quest too,......lincoln uses a strat, delay, some compression, probably amp gain instead of a dist/dirt box (been working better for me), reverb, MAYBE a LITTLE chorus on the cleans, but maybe not, and that is about it. Check his website, he gives some tips...everyone has been waiting a while for him to put out his HD 500 patches.

9. jdalf

jdalf Member

Josh myers has some nice patches, plays in churches, one of these is lincolns main patch josh says came from someone who knows him

josh demoes a few patches on youtube "joshmyersband"

his hd500 patches are here, you'll probably have to tweak them, but are a good starting place

http://line6.com/customtone/profile/joshmyersband/

10. Mullenski

Mullenski Gold Supporting Member

Don't forget to try the Hiwatt -- great cleans there.

11. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Personally I think the Bassman bright through the PhD cab is the best fender clean tone in the box. IMO it Kills the Deluxe and the Twin which sound too thin and scooped by comparison.

Add some tube comp (nice and subtle - the others are way too over the top for my taste) and a little delay like you said.