• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The RIGHT way to relic a guitar

webe123

LOL! Yep! That will do it.

And that little guy probably could not do any worse than some of the relic jobs I have seen.

Best way to relic? Get a guitar and play the snot out of it!

buddastrat

lol on the OP pic. correct answer is-

D: All of the above! They'll all do the job. I think letting his boy play with it and relic however he did, would give the most mojo (echh) of any method, even over the owner playing it for years of natural wear!

problem is, if you teach him that game, chances are he 's going to play it with your other guitars too..... ....

i bet he 'd have lots of fun though....

scottywompas

What a shame, he should just hand him the guitar and teach him how to play it instead of how to relic it.

Then again, you can probably make more money beating up guitars and charging people for the custom "relicing" than you can playing guitar these days.

Scott

masayako

Play hard with it and pay no attention to dings & wear. Just jam on. That's the best way to 'relic' it. Oh, make sure it's nitro finish.

To relic a guitar is to have owned it for thirty or fourty years, and to have played it just about every day of those years.
And to remember and regret every bang or thump or rub that it suffered.

Any wannabee can buy sandpaper and imagine that the damage they are doing is realistic.

That includes the Fender Corp.

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
Great pic. I leave my strat in the kids playroom, and it has gotten a little beat up. But they love to play it and fiddle with the knobs and switches.

BettyFjord

Please, don't show that picture to my little ones. They already find the amps and guitars nearly irresistible sources of amusement. If you add a hammer to the mix I can only image the carnage.

BigPapiFan

Gold Supporting Member
Relic job made simple: Obtain guitar new in 1964, play it (off and on) for 44 years, done. That is what I did before giving it to my son who is the proud owner of a made-in-Kalamazoo Epiphone relic.

That which does not fossilize us, relics us.

Trending Topics