The Roland Duo-Capture EX recording interface ... Happiness at last!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Jim Soloway, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

I just recorded this for a couple of students to go with a lesson on swing blues. I was using a new Roland Duo-Capture EX recording interface that I just bought a few days ago and I'm absolutely thrilled. I've been looking for a good inexpensive interface for a couple years now and this is by far the best I've tried. Given how well it works, the fact that it's compatible with the Mac, the PC and the iPad turns out to just be an added bonus.

The guitar is my Soloway Gosling running into a TC Electronics Arena reverb pedal and then running direct in stereo to the Duo-Capture and from there into a stereo track in Garageband on my MacBook Pro. There was no additional proves sin in Garageband so what you're hearing is exactly what came in from the Duo-Capture. I'm absolutely thrilled with the results.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jim-soloway/roland-duo-capture-ex-recording-example[/soundcloud]

2. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

And a longer piece played through the same set up using a Yamaha SLG110S silent guitar.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jim-soloway/black-orpheus-played-on-a-yamaha-slg110s[/soundcloud]

3. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing your demos. I've also had excellent results with the Duo-Capture EX. Noticeably better than other more expensive, more "prestigious" interfaces.

I like a Radial Dragster in front of mine to improve the playing feel.

4. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Senior Member

Not to take anything away from the Duo-Capture EX, I found that the Zoom R8 digital recorder that I bought s/h for $150 (in the Emporium) also makes a damn fine USB interface (at up to 24/96) with my MacBook Pro into GarageBand, Logic Pro X and even Audacity.

I can't play nearly as well as you can though.

5. mattz

mattz Member

Beautiful music!!! You sound great!!!

Great TONES!!!

Loved that Charlie Brown Christmas tune.

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

As always, I love your tone & playing.