• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The silver lining of being sick

hansv

I have had to unplug from the amp because of the splitting headache and fever I have had for the past 3 days. On the upside I have sat down with my new 12 string that I have been neglecting... wow.

Every time I come off of electric I think I am more and more of an acoustic player. Electric gives me those **** eating grins at times but acoustic keeps me smiling the entire time. The 12 string is even more fun than the six. I wish the 655 had a cut on it for the upper frets but even cowboy chords are more enjoyable on that thing. Songs that I started writing on my 6 string are all getting moved over immediately. Anyone else have a passion for the 12?

I'll try to post pictures of my new to me Taylor, it has the sicket quilty/flamey (filt) back.

Griz

Acoustic seems to bring your ears back into balance, that's for sure. I've often started a recording with an acoustic guitar scratch track outlining the changes, but then the acoustic just has such texture and punch I end up featuring it in the mix.

Feel better soon, bro.

:AOK

dazco

I began on a 12. Leo Kottke was my hero so all i played for the first 5 or 6 years was acoustic 12 string. Back then Leo rarely ever touched a 6 string.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Acoustic is good for the soul. Something about the guitar resonating into your chest is just pure good. The harmonics of a good acoustic just make me melt. Love it.

GAD

princetonreverb

I love my 12 banger mucho. It's the only geetar that moves me like a piano. Search sprayfe on YouTube for a few examples ;)

Trending Topics