The silver lining of being sick

hansv

I have had to unplug from the amp because of the splitting headache and fever I have had for the past 3 days. On the upside I have sat down with my new 12 string that I have been neglecting... wow.

Every time I come off of electric I think I am more and more of an acoustic player. Electric gives me those **** eating grins at times but acoustic keeps me smiling the entire time. The 12 string is even more fun than the six. I wish the 655 had a cut on it for the upper frets but even cowboy chords are more enjoyable on that thing. Songs that I started writing on my 6 string are all getting moved over immediately. Anyone else have a passion for the 12?

I'll try to post pictures of my new to me Taylor, it has the sicket quilty/flamey (filt) back.

Griz

Acoustic seems to bring your ears back into balance, that's for sure. I've often started a recording with an acoustic guitar scratch track outlining the changes, but then the acoustic just has such texture and punch I end up featuring it in the mix.

Feel better soon, bro.

:AOK

M

Member 1963

I began on a 12. Leo Kottke was my hero so all i played for the first 5 or 6 years was acoustic 12 string. Back then Leo rarely ever touched a 6 string.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Acoustic is good for the soul. Something about the guitar resonating into your chest is just pure good. The harmonics of a good acoustic just make me melt. Love it.

GAD

princetonreverb

I love my 12 banger mucho. It's the only geetar that moves me like a piano. Search sprayfe on YouTube for a few examples ;)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom