• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyPatrick

I have a dinner break with my family, so I grabbed a quick pic for you guys to drool over what I am messing with tonight.

index.php

la noise

What's the appeal of the Bluesbreaker OD circuit? That's
one I never quite bonded with---from the Marshall Bluesbreaker
to variations like the King of Tone.

Just curious why it is liked? :dunno

Have you ever based a pedal on
this circuit, @MAGICboy ??

Last edited:

la noise

Quick off topic question for you fuzz lovers..

Big Muff variants. NYC, Ram's Head, Russian, or Triangle? And why?

This is one fuzz I'm not too familiar with, and I'd like to get acquainted. :cool:

More scooped? Even more scooped? Or most scooped? ;)

In my recent fire sale I have sold a Tall Font Green Russian,
and a mid 70's Ram's Head. All of them are quite compressed
and lack a lot of mid content. If I were going to dive into
Muffs again I would grab one with a Mids control. They can
be really unmanageable in a band context without some
ability to boost Mids, or to add some Mid content via another
pedal. That's why the new EH Deluxe Big Muff has the ability
to add a Mid Boost via another control and footswitch. :)

Muffs aren't really my thing anymore for that reason. Not sure
what I would grab if I were to snag one. :dunno

Ram's Head = smoothest.
Russian = most aggressive.
Triangle = biggest bottom.
V5 Op Amp = crunchiest.

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
What's the appeal of the Bluesbreaker OD circuit? That's
one I never quite bonded with---from the Marshall Bluesbreaker
to variations like the King of Tone.

Just curious why it is liked? :dunno

Have you ever based a pedal on
this circuit, @MAGICboy ??

I had a KOT with my Vibrolux clone...found it to give some crunchy breakup with a Strat to the amp I liked...pretty one dimensional imo though. And I didn't like the way it sounded at all with my L.P. Just didn't seem to cut through a mix.

DBBlues

Formerly fullertone
Gold Supporting Member
I love my Purple Plexi too much to talk about it.

Well, I'll say that it is so much fun to try it in different amps. I really want to compare it to my dirtier Lovepedal 1/2 watt amp/pedal (edit: I mean dirtier because I also have the cleaner version of these cool pedal sized amps that Sean used to make), but I haven't yet.

Last edited:

tbrook

This is one fuzz I'm not too familiar with, and I'd like to get acquainted. :cool:

I am no expert on muffs, but I just got the Wren and Cuff Box of War to try against my Tall Font Russian. I love both of them, but the slight edge goes to the Box of War, it is virtually a coinflip though.

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member

I can't comment on the NYC since it is current.

But for the Ram, Russkie, and Triangle? I'd pick something like the Shoe 314 (it is a Violet Ram variant). I have one and it is a powerhouse.

la noise

I love my Purple Plexi too much to talk about it.

Well, I'll say that it is so much fun to try it in different amps. I really want to compare it to my dirtier Lovepedal 1/2 watt amp/pedal (edit: I mean dirtier because I also have the cleaner version of these cool pedal sized amps that Sean used to make), but I haven't yet.

I feel the same way, Drew. I could go on and on
about it. Still shocks me, to some degree, too. :huh

the tourist

Alright guys. Update time:

Day 24: Haven't broken the 1500 calorie rule. Haven't been under 70g protein in a day. Haven't been under a gallon of water a day. Haven't skipped a day of B12, B-Complex, and Green Tea Extract.

Day 12: Over 20,000 steps every day (and have broken 30,000 three times) and started some mild weights which will be every M, W, and F of slightly increasing intensity each time.

I've lost 30lbs. Probably only a few more weeks til I hit 40 as it's coming off slower.

And 40 lifts my gear moratorium.

So now as I sit in front of a dismantled pedalboard, tired as hell (70k steps in the last 36 hours), I just don't want to do it. I don't want to drill all the holes and set up all the bike chain links. I'm exhausted and that's always a project.

I think I'm about to break down. My first post-moratorium purchase is going to be a new board.

So I want some opinions. I would like something roughly 25"x16". I'd like it to look sexy (dark wood) and have ins and outs and power. Pluses would be including slats and pre-stuck dual lock. Things I'm not interested in are those holey boards or temple boards. Or pedaltrains for that matter.

So with that in mind, what do you all suggest? I have no budget limit currently but would hope to avoid a long wait time.

la noise

Congrats on all of your hardwork, determination,
and resulting success. :aok

I stay completely away from the high-end board
market, though. I could never justify the cost some
ask for a few pieces of stained wood and some jacks. :huh

Not to mention a few threads on some of the shadier
aspects that go on in the high-end pedalboard market.

I am sure some others will be of help. Or not. ;)

coltonius

Señor Member
Supporting Member
Alright guys. Update time:

Day 24: Haven't broken the 1500 calorie rule. Haven't been under 70g protein in a day. Haven't been under a gallon of water a day. Haven't skipped a day of B12, B-Complex, and Green Tea Extract.

Day 12: Over 20,000 steps every day (and have broken 30,000 three times) and started some mild weights which will be every M, W, and F of slightly increasing intensity each time.

I've lost 30lbs. Probably only a few more weeks til I hit 40 as it's coming off slower.

And 40 lifts my gear moratorium.

So now as I sit in front of a dismantled pedalboard, tired as hell (70k steps in the last 36 hours), I just don't want to do it. I don't want to drill all the holes and set up all the bike chain links. I'm exhausted and that's always a project.

I think I'm about to break down. My first post-moratorium purchase is going to be a new board.

So I want some opinions. I would like something roughly 25"x16". I'd like it to look sexy (dark wood) and have ins and outs and power. Pluses would be including slats and pre-stuck dual lock. Things I'm not interested in are those holey boards or temple boards. Or pedaltrains for that matter.

So with that in mind, what do you all suggest? I have no budget limit currently but would hope to avoid a long wait time.
Keep at it, my friend! You're doing great.

I recommend Sig Custom. He's a local builder who does freakin great work (Salvage-level stuff) without the ridiculous price tag.

This board is from a few years ago.. In/Out jacks, and a power switch. Cost me less than $200. I think. ;)

484CF7D6-096B-4245-885F-8156F896F7D5_zpsspvxl405.jpg

He does stained wood-style boards too, and I'm sure he'd be willing to accommodate the Dual Lock request as well.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member

For the Russian listen to any Black Keys album. Dan Auerbach is the reason I bought a Stomp Under Foot Green Russian. It's hard to tame and picky about amps, but get it set up right and you've got this dirty out-of-control on the verge of of fuzztortion type sound. Very cool when used by a skilled tweaker, but sounds like arse when not dialed in properly. Also, I find it to be much better with humbuckers. SUF does the whole gamut of Muff clones.

Ivo

Haven't had much time for posting or even the motivation to play music lately. Been a pretty stressful couple of months and I got hit by a hurricane to top it off. Anyway, I received a High Powered Twin and Vibronaut recently and they have exponentially brightened up my week. Some of the most fun I've had playing guitar since.... well since I got the Dover Drive. :aok Thanks for the much needed magic @MAGICboy.

Rick Culligan

I had a short time to plug in yesterday. First time in almost 2 months...:(

Ran Amp 11 Gold into Red Dress Zen...love it. I would absolutely LOVE an 3 in 1 that had the Amp 11 and Zen in the same box, each independent, and a toggle that allowed placement of the Zen before, or after...even better...a fourth foot switch that allowed switchable placement...
.:drool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom