The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Dad

formerly amdowell
Silver Supporting Member
Had a few minutes with the Gold Zen last night, but wasn't able to record a clip (Baby Mama drama). So far, I think this is the absolute best Zendrive I've owned. Reminded me a lot of the RF Zen but with a better bottom end and overall gain sweep. I could be wrong, but it seems like there are more sweet spots in the gold available than previous versions. To me, the lower gains sounds were better and so were the higher gain sounds. The higher gain sounds were, once again to me, vastly improved from previous versions. So much so that I'm now having trouble deciding whether I need to reassess my current line-up of dirt pedals. I say this even moreso now because this particular Zendrive also boosts my dirty channel quite well whereas with previous Zendrives, they would impart more of their inherent tone onto my drive sound where this one seems to be a tad more transparent. Anyone have similar findings?

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
Had a few minutes with the Gold Zen last night, but wasn't able to record a clip (Baby Mama drama). So far, I think this is the absolute best Zendrive I've owned. Reminded me a lot of the RF Zen but with a better bottom end and overall gain sweep. I could be wrong, but it seems like there are more sweet spots in the gold available than previous versions. To me, the lower gains sounds were better and so were the higher gain sounds. The higher gain sounds were, once again to me, vastly improved from previous versions. So much so that I'm now having trouble deciding whether I need to reassess my current line-up of dirt pedals. I say this even moreso now because this particular Zendrive also boosts my dirty channel quite well whereas with previous Zendrives, they would impart more of their inherent tone onto my drive sound where this one seems to be a tad more transparent. Anyone have similar findings?
Sounds about right to me. I told you I thought the gold might fit you better :aok

Haunting Mids

My next SNS target, along with a JTM.
Have you already had the Red Dress ?
I wired a new pedalboard a few minutes ago, with the Red Dress Zendrive at 18 volts
so as to increase brightness and headroom.
@KennyPatrick told me I wouldn't fry it.
Not that it lacks anything,
but I want more contrast with the darkish Black Caucus Kalamazoo.

kor

I got the Gold Zen and Amp 11 in today. The rest of the loot should be in tomorrow. I've only had a few minutes to mess around with the two today, but so far I'm really digging them. I did get a COT50 a little back and it's been getting a lot of my attention. I don't usually go for 1 knob pedals but that things is SO good.

Unchained81

I grabbed a pedal last Friday afternoon at the beginning of the weekend sale. Got an email that day that it was being prepared for shipping but 7 days later I haven't heard back with tracking number or anything. Standard procedure?

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
I grabbed a pedal last Friday afternoon at the beginning of the weekend sale. Got an email that day that it was being prepared for shipping but 7 days later I haven't heard back with tracking number or anything. Standard procedure?

I think what you got is a confirmation email, they all say your order is being prepared for shipping. Are you sure the pedal you bought wasn't one of the pedals that had a wait time attached. Not everything was in stock, some were pre-sales.

monkmiles

Jazz/Funk/Rawk/Groove
Silver Supporting Member
Look what just arrived! :banana:bong

View media item 41854
SbGbUypuQe9RTzpVPJbrk49lkug_f1Lms9_p2HugTi7QHYI8-IY7TFqc7h6HVtnrYZmh8OuuTUIUUFueudDV2Uo5hTZmOz0DKul89QGNCZcAhJZfocy5UGh8cyZ-0zufqcA7iQ14W5F0-a3ZPySpqf9eShyqWKpbUAH9cAZJ8xdzH-2eor06NDwOL1D3BYAqHz3yZWttwWa_0s0xKqMtZD8BS5LFaJRfBelr3oFJXPu3AGIQHE2IBA1GVZ9zEmFnXF4Ot5HJdLGWOGfK3oSFDpfYJuYNRa7knuOqXiPtDioqXVItln6k94uO3T4zxWL-bDlwE6WqyGioyTXfNzQTgalH1Qgwt7ydZL7IbGAPl9XE4t2pAoXbgmdjHzkPuSHWxeHZ1ltjstY3bEG3p9Tpp9gNQwJNp0h85IVZsD2ktOZFE4KkixZe__2xRrFGaPylJqj6oP0RRetSTGVCxi5BEcKGQWhIR0ne_suOM_7E5qrQ4WFtAPCQXLoxyns9zvkaNLRTxjuZpST594l41G7qBvDn5lHkHjR93IoZYzKKqHJOjNHedLdDe05mhrwiAAhqLH3woxyqO9C-UJdfHi3LOzeCObVprxLBNkPwo759r_exDQCD=w676-h901-no

Last edited:

blues

Silver Supporting Member

The sale started here on the east coast at 5 am

Some of the pedals in the first couple of hours were ready to order

Later in the day they became preorder depending on the pedal.

I bought two within the first hour and got tracking mid week.

Sounds like you may have received a courtesy email letting you know they are working towards shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom