The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

bastian

It indeed has something to it, mystical as it is. Sean's work with all those versions and variations, and also the SNS phenomenon. One could think there'd be Magic involved.
But seriously, a little guide through the world of Zen and a wiki on the LL / HPPT 3pos-switches would do just fine as a LP FAQ. Add a rough overview over the E, dont know, you really dont have to go deep and include everything.

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
went through another 2,000 posts on the thread sale history while I wait for my son to arrive for a visit...I'll combine what I did here with what I did at my office at some point. Anyhoo:

Nov. 8, 2015: A very late start...well past 1 a.m...but an EPIC SNS. Brobee makes his first appearance in the thread, as does the “Good Night Song.” Sean gives out Red Zendrives free to those who make it to last call well after dawn; the Vibronaut and Super Sic Tone stay available throughout the day, marking the first SNS overnighter. The madness goes up a notch.

Pedals offered:
Chromebender
Vibronaut up! (by this point this was a familiar chant)
Super Sic Tone
Eternity Fuse
Purple Plexi
HSR-3
DL-1

Nov. 14, 2015: Another late start, and abbreviated as well. F5ing is approved as a verb. ProfG explains the thread to a newcomer:

“It goes something like this. A bunch of grown men spend all week posting about whether some guy named Sean will hold a special event on Saturday night. Then sometime early on Saturday evening, after sleeping all day with a stuffed Brobee toy, Sean gets up, posts that it's a go, and then disappears for some undetermined amount of time. The grown men then furiously reload the Lovepedal myshopify page while posting about life and liking each others posts here, all the while drinking various beverages containing caffeine or ethanol (and possibly watching romantic movies with their wives). Then Sean shows up and lists a few pedals for sale, and everyone tries to spend their money as fast as they can. Then Sean disappears for a ham sammich. Sometime later he returns and lists some more pedals, and those who are still awake and have money spend their money as fast as they can, even if they have no real reason to buy the aforementioned pedals. This goes on all night. Sean graciously leaves one or two pedals up for sale for a day or so for those who passed out early. The grown men then spend the next week checking tracking numbers for their pedals, trading and selling pedals in the emporium, and posting here about whether some guy named Sean will hold a special event on Saturday night. Then sometime early on Saturday evening.... “

Pedals offered:
Black Beauty Balance Boost
HSR-3, Custom V2
Red Zendrive (free again)
Super Sic Tone (free too!)
EPH-3 V2 (free too!!!)

Nov. 19, 2015: The customs office through which all Lovepedals must past is established, initially in a now defunct town called Spoonerville.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
went through another 2,000 posts on the thread sale history while I wait for my son to arrive for a visit...I'll combine what I did here with what I did at my office at some point. Anyhoo:

Nov. 8, 2015: A very late start...well past 1 a.m...but an EPIC SNS. Brobee makes his first appearance in the thread, as does the “Good Night Song.” Sean gives out Red Zendrives free to those who make it to last call well after dawn; the Vibronaut and Super Sic Tone stay available throughout the day, marking the first SNS overnighter. The madness goes up a notch.

Pedals offered:
Chromebender
Vibronaut up! (by this point this was a familiar chant)
Super Sic Tone
Eternity Fuse
Purple Plexi
HSR-3
DL-1

Nov. 14, 2015: Another late start, and abbreviated as well. F5ing is approved as a verb. ProfG explains the thread to a newcomer:

“It goes something like this. A bunch of grown men spend all week posting about whether some guy named Sean will hold a special event on Saturday night. Then sometime early on Saturday evening, after sleeping all day with a stuffed Brobee toy, Sean gets up, posts that it's a go, and then disappears for some undetermined amount of time. The grown men then furiously reload the Lovepedal myshopify page while posting about life and liking each others posts here, all the while drinking various beverages containing caffeine or ethanol (and possibly watching romantic movies with their wives). Then Sean shows up and lists a few pedals for sale, and everyone tries to spend their money as fast as they can. Then Sean disappears for a ham sammich. Sometime later he returns and lists some more pedals, and those who are still awake and have money spend their money as fast as they can, even if they have no real reason to buy the aforementioned pedals. This goes on all night. Sean graciously leaves one or two pedals up for sale for a day or so for those who passed out early. The grown men then spend the next week checking tracking numbers for their pedals, trading and selling pedals in the emporium, and posting here about whether some guy named Sean will hold a special event on Saturday night. Then sometime early on Saturday evening.... “

Pedals offered:
Black Beauty Balance Boost
HSR-3, Custom V2
Red Zendrive (free again)
Super Sic Tone (free too!)
EPH-3 V2 (free too!!!)

Nov. 19, 2015: The customs office through which all Lovepedals must past is established, initially in a now defunct town called Spoonerville.
I'm surprised the blue Babyface hadn't come up by this point. I thought that was an early offering..

And speaking of blue- I'd like to see more LPs in that Babyface/Super Sic Tone blue sparkle!

And speaking of the SST, it needs to be a regular offering! Seriously underrated fuzz. I bet it'd look purty in vintage cream and gold. ;)

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
I thought I had it listed on an earlier post, if not my bad. May have missed it when reading through...

Last edited:

JokeSmuggler

Silver Supporting Member
While I remember that SNS, I didn't remember the free EPH-3 at all, but that's the way the post read. If anyone sees anything they know is wrong, let me know.
I got one of them once, it was some time around that SNS. Definitely happened! I remember the first SNS email going out but I never realized it was going to be a continuous thing and didn't find this happy thread until after a couple had gone by, although I remember when the thread had just started! And I have tried (and still rock) a LOT of Lovepedals now! :beer

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
And speaking of the SST, it needs to be a regular offering! Seriously underrated fuzz. I bet it'd look purty in vintage cream and gold. ;)
Tell me about it, I've been trying to track down an SST with no luck. Those who have them seem to be holding on to them.

ProfG

So, do you know that feeling, when nobody else is home, you have the tele plugged into the Les Lius into the cranked TopHat, and you go to pick up the beverage can (I mean juice box ;)) sitting in front of the amp, it's shaking? :dude Do you know that feeling? Just wondering....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom