The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
I once ate a Trinidad Scorpion for $100. Weighs in around 1.2M Scoville.. I learned many things from this experience:

1) This is about as close as a man can ever get to knowing the pain a woman feels during childbirth.

2) Lemonade is surprisingly the most effective at dispersing the heat (beating out milk, coffee creamer, yogurt, and wine).

3) I should have charged more for the entertainment of watching me suffer.
I ordered chicken wings one time a while back...Wanted habanero sauce, they gave me ghost pepper....I ate them, but I thought I was going to die. The fire in my mouth was raging a half hour later.

Just looked, I have one hot sauce in the fridge rated at 800k plus. I think I've used three drops of it in five years :eek:

dirtandstones

Silver Supporting Member
I once ate a Trinidad Scorpion for $100. Weighs in around 1.2M Scoville.. I learned many things from this experience:

1) This is about as close as a man can ever get to knowing the pain a woman feels during childbirth.

2) Lemonade is surprisingly the most effective at dispersing the heat (beating out milk, coffee creamer, yogurt, and wine).

I've eaten ghost peppers. I'll agree with your three points.

It felt like someone took a bull whip directly to my tongue. I'm fairly positive it gave me a stomach ulcer as well. The best part..? I did it for free:confused:

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
Obviously you're not a biologist like me. This kind of "crap" is totally fascinating to us. We biologists talk about this kind of stuff (over dinner) all the time. My PhD advisor used to collect road kill (how better to teach wildlife physiology than photographs of the innards of dead wildlife?) and collect wildlife poop (he studied the amount of soil ingestion by various wildlife species to understand how eating soil exposes wildlife to pollution in the soil. So he smuggled kangaroo poop back to the US from Oz in his suitcase). Totally fascinating stuff if you're a biologist. So the first person to discover that coffee poop stuff was definitely a genius biologist.
At least it was animals my ex was in the medical field and she and her friends would talk about all kinds of things that went into or came out of the human body all the time... almost always over dinner :barf

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
Once I get my Multi-tap 2 in I'll talk alllllll about it!!!

Do we have any chili or hot heads here? You all should check out CaJohns Fiery Foods out of Westerville, OH. Really fantastic stuff.
I'm making a batch of chili right now :drool I can't take the heat quite like I used to, now I just using a couple habaneros, a few lesser peppers and some Dave's Insanity Sauce. Not super hot but good. I really need to work my way back up.

Unchained81

All the Lovepedals that were delivered today....And everyone is still talking about coffee beans and rodent crap...:confused:

Got my red Zendrive today. Just awesome.

Curious if the Purple Plexi's going out the door look the same as what's pictured on the site. I like the white with purple trim better and wasn't sure if they ever appear anymore.

ProfG

Just a few minutes with the Vibronaut (the family peeps are trying to study and sleep so just a short test run). The 'naut arrive stone cold as if it had been shipped through deep space. As soon as it warmed up, in a vote of total confidence in @MAGICboy I immediately applied Velcro (I know this is a keeper), stuck it to my board and plugged in. The 'naut is replacing an old big box vibe clone. As much as I like the clone my immediate impression is that the 'naut is much more "musical". The clone sounds great but is kind of a blanket over my base tone. Somehow the Vibronaut blends more seemlessly with the base tone while at the same time exerting a strong muscular effect. Just like the 5e3 deluxe pedal the Vibronaut just fits in so well with the rest of my rig. All of this without messing with the internal trim pots. Only problem now is a lot of hiss with when using both the 'naut and the 5e3 pedal but that's probably the wiring in my basement (combined with my non-isolated/regulated Dunlop brick). We'll see what happens live this weekend. Otherwise I might have to spring for an Onespot Pro. In any event the Vibronaut has been nagging at me since Sean put it up on a SNS about a year ago, and I'm glad I finally got one. 6/8ths of my board is now Lovepedal/Hermida!

la noise

Welcome to the cool kids' club!

Fine looking group you all got there. :aok

280px-Mickey_Mouse_Club_Mouseketeers_1957.jpg

Modulator

Obviously you're not a biologist like me. This kind of "crap" is totally fascinating to us. We biologists talk about this kind of stuff (over dinner) all the time. My PhD advisor used to collect road kill (how better to teach wildlife physiology than photographs of the innards of dead wildlife?) and collect wildlife poop (he studied the amount of soil ingestion by various wildlife species to understand how eating soil exposes wildlife to pollution in the soil. So he smuggled kangaroo poop back to the US from Oz in his suitcase). Totally fascinating stuff if you're a biologist. So the first person to discover that coffee poop stuff was definitely a genius biologist.

Studying is one thing, I'm all for that. But what animal was the drinking a brew of the poo should be the line not to cross? Ya never know, guano might be THE tastiest food additive ever.

Now I imagining a biologist in the wild studying these animals, noticing they like eating coffee beans, then one day, he's jonesing really bad for a cup of coffee after a night of getting drunk on fermented figs with the monkeys, decides, "what the hey? I need coffee BAD!". Looks at his bag of collected poo. An hour later, he's thinking this is the best coffee ever! I could totally get people to pay $400/lb for this shiz.

la noise

Is that what it takes to get into the "cool kid's club,"
or is this the kind of stuff you all do to pass the time? :huh

;)

I just checked my Multi-Meter and it doesn't have a Scolvilles
setting. Might be time for an upgrade. :)

Modulator

We had a sports coach in HS (baseball if I recall), who told us once that having a baby is supposed to be like pooping a football. All boys' catholic college prep school...

I'll have to try lemonade next time, sounds wierd tho since I would have thought lemonade would be much more acidic than milk, ranch or yogurt.

I once paid a friend $50 on a dare to drink a whole bottle of siracha. He drank it, but it came right back up...technically, he didn't drink it, but it was worth $50 to see him in such pain. Friendenshade. :D

la noise

Last edited:

ProfG

Studying is one thing, I'm all for that. But what animal was the drinking a brew of the poo should be the line not to cross? Ya never know, guano might be THE tastiest food additive ever.

Now I imagining a biologist in the wild studying these animals, noticing they like eating coffee beans, then one day, he's jonesing really bad for a cup of coffee after a night of getting drunk on fermented figs with the monkeys, decides, "what the hey? I need coffee BAD!". Looks at his bag of collected poo. An hour later, he's thinking this is the best coffee ever! I could totally get people to pay $400/lb for this shiz.

I'm not seeing the issue here. Need coffee---- brew pooped beans---- what could be more natural/logical? :dunno

But then, you had to raise the issue of guano. Seriously, I am not just a biologist but I'm a seabird biologist. I know guano. Man do I know guano. When my kids were younger I'd come home from a day on a gull colony and my kids would ask "dad, did you get pooped on today?" :wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom