The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

utterhack

So has anyone ever been "interviewed" before a builder would make a pedal? I had it happen when I went on a certain waitlist...and now again that my number is up. WTF, my money isn't good enough...I have to give reasons too? ;)

Bill F of course back in the day. @MAGICboy back in in the day but that was less an interview than a late-night bull session... :D

didn't know anyone was still doing this tbh. if it's toneczar i kinda get it though really it's out of his control once it leaves his shop.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
So has anyone ever been "interviewed" before a builder would make a pedal? I had it happen when I went on a certain waitlist...and now again that my number is up. WTF, my money isn't good enough...I have to give reasons too? ;)

Yes, he just wanted to make sure I wanted to play music and not create ambiance.

Just kidding, don’t shoot!

I’d guess he was trying to keep them out of the hands of flippers? On porpoise. Can’t blame him but it’s probably a lost cause.

What were the questions, that’s what I want to know! And answers, of course. :banana

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
Yes, he just wanted to make sure I played music and not ambiance.

Just kidding, don’t shoot!

I’d guess he was trying to keep them out of the hands of flippers? On porpoise. Can’t blame him but it’s probably a lost cause.

What were the questions, that’s what I want to know! And answers, of course. :banana
I'm not going to post who it is on here, just was curious if this ever had happened to anyone else...I never had it happen before. I'll shoot you a PM.

HERSCHEL

Silver Supporting Member
Okay, I was decidedly unsocial just now. There's a guy on Reverb selling a guitar that I kind of want, but had it way priced too high. Well, it's now on "sale" at a better, though still high price. I offered him lower end, not bottom, of used price, and he just countered with a price higher than his current sale price. I literally told him to go F5 himself. This is too often the case with Reverb sellers who think their used gear is somehow coated in pixie dust.

Jakeboy

This is what's up around these parts...

5799_10156631579995156_6756843767557192953_n.jpg
Oh my, love that 295!!!!

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
Okay, I was decidedly unsocial just now. There's a guy on Reverb selling a guitar that I kind of want, but had it way priced too high. Well, it's now on "sale" at a better, though still high price. I offered him lower end, not bottom, of used price, and he just countered with a price higher than his current sale price. I literally told him to go F5 himself. This is too often the case with Reverb sellers who think their used gear is somehow coated in pixie dust.
I see it from both sides. My gear seems to always be worth less than I think it is, and everyone else's stuff is worth more ;)

Unchained81

Anyone know what the list price of a Reverb 3 is? Just curious to what the SNS price would be if I happen to see one come available.

Thanks

Superstick

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone having any noise issues with the Monkey Fist? Mine all of a sudden went haywire. Unplayable noisy. I've done all the trouble shooting. Trust me. Cables, different amps, battery, power supply., different rooms. I can't figure it out. It's like something went wrong with the pedal. Just as I was loving it into the BlackFace Deluxe pedal.
By the way the BF Deluxe for $50 is still the best bargain on the planet.
If you think there is something I'm missing let me know.
Otherwise I'll call Paul.
Any ideas @MAGICboy ??

HERSCHEL

Silver Supporting Member
I see it from both sides. My gear seems to always be worth less than I think it is, and everyone else's stuff is worth more ;)

Yeah, but his "sale" price is only $40 less than I can get it for out-the-door brand new and his regular price is $35 more. He supposedly owns a Music Store and does he think people don't shop around and negotiate?

It would have been different had he come back and said "sorry, but I think someone will pay my asking price" and decline the offer but instead he went full douche.

Heck, I had one the other day where he politely came back with a counter I wasn't going to meet and I politely told him why I wasn't going to meet it and thanked him for his counter and hopefully we can find common ground for a deal if he has something to sell in the future.

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
Anyone having any noise issues with the Monkey Fist? Mine all of a sudden went haywire. Unplayable noisy. I've done all the trouble shooting. Trust me. Cables, different amps, battery, power supply., different rooms. I can't figure it out. It's like something went wrong with the pedal. Just as I was loving it into the BlackFace Deluxe pedal.
By the way the BF Deluxe for $50 is still the best bargain on the planet.
If you think there is something I'm missing let me know.
Otherwise I'll call Paul.
Did you try tightening the jacks? I've had that problem more than once.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member

The problem there is of course not that he didn't take your offer, it's that he apparently was insulted by it and just had to insult you back. So you get a lower offer, BFD.

A well deserved F5ing! I probably wouldn't have bothered, but that's just me.

Superstick

Silver Supporting Member
Did you try tightening the jacks? I've had that problem more than once.
Thanks but that wasn't it. It makes noise just being in the chain when it's not on. I have it first so when I remove it my rig is dead quiet. If you kick it on it's unbearable. Oh well. I'm sure @MAGICboy will figure it out. Good thing I've got about 12 other Lovepedals to keep me occupied. ;)

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
n4o6nwL.jpg

If I may share in this thread for the first time, I just got this today! It's my first Lovepedal, and my first MIAB. And I indeed love this pedal! It does everything I'd want a dirt pedal to do. It gets thick and heavy, without any flubby crap, even with a neck pickup into a crunchy amp. Nice articulation, even sounds good with the tone cranked. And it cleans up and gets a nice punchy jangly sound! Plenty of volume (I love loud pedals) and plenty of gain. I'd even call it a distortion pedal, and it does feedback and sustain quite easily. And the boost is icing, to take things to 11. Almost has a fuzzy quality to it also. I mostly use Klones and fuzz for dirt, so this fills a great in between niche for me. And it does sound Marshally!

Point is, I'm a believer! Glad I got to join in on this last SNS, fun stuff

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks but that wasn't it. It makes noise just being in the chain when it's not on. I have it first so when I remove it my rig is dead quiet. If you kick it on it's unbearable. Oh well. I'm sure @MAGICboy will figure it out. Good thing I've got about 12 other Lovepedals to keep me occupied. ;)

Occasionally there's a cold solder joint, so if you're up for removing the knobs, switch nut and jacks, you can touch up the solder joints with a hot iron and see if that helps. If not, contact the shop and they'll help you out!

Arf

You can still switch speeds of the rotary with the md-500 itself the expression pedal can just give you the speed choices in a different way. The far right tap button can be assigned to any function actually it’s quite genius they way it’s setup.
Thanks. Yes I finally found somebody on YouTube doing it. Not with the rotary but I'm sure it would work there too. It ramps. Guess I'm getting one.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I can't do them supermodel necks either. :dunno

I dunno, the Westbury neck didn't seem particularly skinny to me. I got a PRS McCarty, a GH tele and early 00s Guild Bluesbird sitting in the rack with it, and while the fingerboard radius is pretty flat, the neck isn't any thinner than the others.

It seems likely that the guitars failed because prices were too high for Korean made ($1500 for the Martinique???), so they're blowing them out and maybe trying again. Since they come with the "Gold Foil" pickups that are designed by some intimately acquainted with the originals, they sound really good!

AS to the "do you deserve one of my pedals" thing, I think maybe Cornish and Toneczar are the only folks doing it any more. I can see that they love their babies, and don't want them released into a world that doesn't appreciate them, but it's the wait, not the interview that separates the poseurs from the guys who really want one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom