The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstick

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, but his "sale" price is only $40 less than I can get it for out-the-door brand new and his regular price is $35 more. He supposedly owns a Music Store and does he think people don't shop around and negotiate?

It would have been different had he come back and said "sorry, but I think someone will pay my asking price" and decline the offer but instead he went full douche.

Heck, I had one the other day where he politely came back with a counter I wasn't going to meet and I politely told him why I wasn't going to meet it and thanked him for his counter and hopefully we can find common ground for a deal if he has something to sell in the future.
I was just looking for something and checked Amazon first then went to reverb. Do these guys not check prices before they list? Used on Reverb more $$ than new on Amazon.

DrewwerD

I like to think I make reasonable offers on Reverb... they’ve all been accepted so they can’t be too out to lunch. I’ve sold a couple things and received some lowball offers. Fine, all’s fair, but I counter with something closer to my price. I turn on auto reject of super low offers.

I don’t even try with the ones that have things listed way above a reasonable price.

Jiminvan

Silver Supporting Member
I like to think I make reasonable offers on Reverb... they’ve all been accepted so they can’t be too out to lunch. I’ve sold a couple things and received some lowball offers. Fine, all’s fair, but I counter with something closer to my price. I turn on auto reject of super low offers.

I don’t even try with the ones that have things listed way above a reasonable price.
As a seller...
- what fees does Reverb take from you?
- do you find people don't want to buy cuz you're in Canada and they don't like the shipping cost or are unsure of duties?

I ask cuz I can't sell stuff for what it's worth on Craigslist Vancouver to save my life. Considering my options and Reverb touches a huge market.

DrewwerD

As a seller...
- what fees does Reverb take from you?
- do you find people don't want to buy cuz you're in Canada and they don't like the shipping cost or are unsure of duties?

I ask cuz I can't sell stuff for what it's worth on Craigslist Vancouver to save my life. Considering my options and Reverb touches a huge market.
Fees are a small percentage. Not sure exactly. Nothing outrageous.

You can pick where you’ll ship to. So if you only want to ship to Canada you can set that. You can even restrict something to local pickup I’d you want. I ship to the states. Haven’t had an issue yet but I’m sure there will be something. It’s inevitable. I think I’d youre selling something that’s popular the Canadian thing becomes less of an issue.

R.L.

Anyone having any noise issues with the Monkey Fist? Mine all of a sudden went haywire. Unplayable noisy. I've done all the trouble shooting. Trust me. Cables, different amps, battery, power supply., different rooms. I can't figure it out. It's like something went wrong with the pedal. Just as I was loving it into the BlackFace Deluxe pedal.
By the way the BF Deluxe for $50 is still the best bargain on the planet.
If you think there is something I'm missing let me know.
Otherwise I'll call Paul.
Any ideas @MAGICboy ??

Well heck, first to addd to my previous comments, not only is the monkey awesome but it's addictive too. I've played it every day this week. So this morning I thought I broke it but now I'm wondering, if I dime the fuzz control the pedal completely freaks out and goes all noise and no signal. The rest of the sweep is fine, still sounds awesome. Wonder what the heck happened?!

rich815

Got mine Thursday too. And I have a small box Amp 11 Gold too. Initial comparisons in my bedroom setting with headphones through my Blackstar HT-1RH is they are similar so still trying to ascertain what the SRV mod is about. Am taking both to @yokoch place later today, he has a good guitar man-cave so we can crank them both with various tube amps and put them through their paces. Will report back later.

For now they both sound fantastic is my initial review! :D

Well we tried them both side by side with a couple of MJT strats and while the setting knobs are not identical when set at the same “clock setting” once you tweak and dial in they are quite similar. The big box maybe slightly more gain. The reaction to the knobs seems to not ramp at the same rate up or down which was interesting. But in the end seems once dialed in you could get them to sound almost identical though the knobs will be at slightly different points side by side. Not sure where the “SRV mod” comes in to be honest...

In conclusion I will say though: amazing terrific pedal the Amp Eleven is. :)

Last edited:

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
n4o6nwL.jpg

If I may share in this thread for the first time, I just got this today! It's my first Lovepedal, and my first MIAB. And I indeed love this pedal! It does everything I'd want a dirt pedal to do. It gets thick and heavy, without any flubby crap, even with a neck pickup into a crunchy amp. Nice articulation, even sounds good with the tone cranked. And it cleans up and gets a nice punchy jangly sound! Plenty of volume (I love loud pedals) and plenty of gain. I'd even call it a distortion pedal, and it does feedback and sustain quite easily. And the boost is icing, to take things to 11. Almost has a fuzzy quality to it also. I mostly use Klones and fuzz for dirt, so this fills a great in between niche for me. And it does sound Marshally!

Point is, I'm a believer! Glad I got to join in on this last SNS, fun stuff
Hey AXXA! Glad you dig that pedal. I know you dig fuzz pedals, and we have similar tone taste. I have tried many MIAB pedals, and am really anxious to try this pedal. I should get a shipping notice petty soon. I am simply looking for a great sounding Marshall type dirt pedal to run into a cleanish channel for low to medium dirt tones. Thanks for your thoughts on this one!

This was my first SNS, and I went a little overboard with the number of pedals I bought; but I regret not picking up the Purple Plexi with boost. Next time it comes up at 50%, it will be mine.

n4o6nwL.jpg

If I may share in this thread for the first time, I just got this today! It's my first Lovepedal, and my first MIAB. And I indeed love this pedal! It does everything I'd want a dirt pedal to do. It gets thick and heavy, without any flubby crap, even with a neck pickup into a crunchy amp. Nice articulation, even sounds good with the tone cranked. And it cleans up and gets a nice punchy jangly sound! Plenty of volume (I love loud pedals) and plenty of gain. I'd even call it a distortion pedal, and it does feedback and sustain quite easily. And the boost is icing, to take things to 11. Almost has a fuzzy quality to it also. I mostly use Klones and fuzz for dirt, so this fills a great in between niche for me. And it does sound Marshally!

Point is, I'm a believer! Glad I got to join in on this last SNS, fun stuff

DaveKS

First shipping notice of my first SNS! White jube, COT/Eternity LE, and EPH-3 incoming. :)

Nice haul, that Jub and EPH-3 will blow your mind their so awesome.

Looks is like that was last of shipping notices for Friday. Sure there will be another big surge when Monday comes around. Hopefully they'll get things caught up by next weekend and maybe Sean will throw it down again for holidays.

Jiminvan

Silver Supporting Member
So I rarely get over to the part of Vancouver where Rufus Guitar Shop is, but it's a candy store, and when I get over that way I try to drop by and see what's hanging up. Was there today and wow...'65 Strat for only $24,999! No brainer right? Just sell a couple more pedals...

On the more reasonable side of things but still way out of my "just on a whim" range, they also had a '74 Tele for only $4299, beautiful early '70's walnut ES-335 for$3299, a wierd melted-looking '77 Gibson RD with active pickups, a 1950 Gibson L-7C in beautiful shape for $5500, a '52 Martin D-18, a '64 Vibrolux, etc etc. Man I lovehate that store!

Newriverhead

Fees are a small percentage. Not sure exactly. Nothing outrageous.

You can pick where you’ll ship to. So if you only want to ship to Canada you can set that. You can even restrict something to local pickup I’d you want. I ship to the states. Haven’t had an issue yet but I’m sure there will be something. It’s inevitable. I think I’d youre selling something that’s popular the Canadian thing becomes less of an issue.
Acutally been in a discussion with Reverb on that. 3.5% fee for reverb, plus 3.4% + 0.5-1% surplus for paypal. I believe for North America Reverb offers their own payment system, but was informed that this was only slightly chepaer than paypal.... I count on 8% fees, and that is why Reverb never is going to work. I will always check website of seller, and buy directly. It should make a 8% difference.

PS: they claim that this pricescheme is applicable regardless size of the client, or whether you sell 2 or 10000 items, which I totally doubt.

PPS: that paypall or Direct Payment set up is totally flawed, within Europe one can make an IBAN payment without any cost, and EUR>>EUR without currency loss. Yet Reverb will charge you 4.5% addtl fee. That actually was the reason for my discussion with them. It is that the headline fee more than doubles, with no added value.

Last edited:

david(j)

Silver Supporting Member
I've found the magic. The Black Magic Zendrive dialed in sounds great. It's super smooth and sings

Had a chance to fire mine up for the first time yesterday for a while. First impressions are fantastic. It'll take me a little while to explore all the shades this pedal has to offer. There's a lot there with those 4 knobs. Takes boosts very well, and cleans up well with a strat's volume knob.

I was pretty blown away by the range of gain...it can get aggressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom