The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfG

You can't walk in here and say stuff like that
without spilling the beans on the specifics. :waiting

:D

Well, just before Christmas I got a used Keeley Recino digital delay off Reverb to replace my broken Guyatone MD-3. Have gigged it only once so far but the Keeley is fantastic. Totally clean, high headroom, high fidelity but warm delay (no digital harshness). A perfect contrast and complement to the EPH-3. The EPH-3 sits back in the mix with its modulation, the Recino jumps forward with strong, clean percussive repeats. It can also do a warm slap back, or if you crank the repeats and level will go into an infinite wash without oscillation (not something I’ll use much but LOTS of fun). If you like your original tone, the Recino is perfect—-just gives you as much more of that as you want.

I also got tired of the variable results of different DI boxes provided by the house at different venues for my dircect rig. I had been getting good comments on how the rest of my rig sounded with a simple Livewire SPDI (compared to other boxes) so I snagged its big brother the PDI (larger and much heavier with double shielding) on sale at GC.

This rig might not change for a while because it perfectly suits my live performance needs......

I’ll try to grab a better pic under stage lighting later this week. The big space in the middle is for an IEM mixer.

IMG_7928.jpg

Last edited:

HERSCHEL

Silver Supporting Member
Bunch of former bandmates and musician friends
are conversing about their gigs for NYE's tonight,
and all I can do is think about how fortunate I am
to not be going out and lugging gear and playing
for sparse crowds in these sub-zero temps. I can't
imagine many people going out to celebrate around
here tonight. :dunno

Ice-coated freighter St. Clair arrives in #Duluth at dawn Sunday, temperature about 20 below zero. #mnwx #LakeSuperior
DSYp-GkUMAAH6q_.jpg:large

DSahxJCUEAA3iie.jpg

ProfG

Ice-coated freighter St. Clair arrives in #Duluth at dawn Sunday, temperature about 20 below zero. #mnwx #LakeSuperior
DSahxJCUEAA3iie.jpg

Nice. In the last few days several freighters have been iced in (and broken free by ice breakers) in the middle of the St. Marys River near some of my ecological study sites in waters I know well. Glad I don't need to be out on the water this time of year.

ellsworthman

Gold Supporting Member
Don't know where you got the pic, @ellsworthman, I guarantee that wasn't on YOUR doorstep (or mine for that matter-we've got 4" of snow and it's COLD).
That might have been something I would have done when I was younger, but no more; I was in bed and reading by 9 p.m. Plus it was 14 below overnight....not a night to be out and about!

ProfG

How many times do I have to tell you kids? Don't play in the street! :FM

It's OK. Dave (@la noise) called out "car" (OK "jeep".) He obviously has "street" skills. Must be a child of the 70s.....

bdce314737376f00efdc06f2fcd34d6d--big-wheel-my-style.jpg

But I wonder, on that "street," what are the actual chances of seeing a car? Probably lower than seeing an elk.....

BTW Dave, I'm gonna have my mom call your mom and see if I can come over and sled this afternoon. OK? What time works for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom