• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The SNS Brotherhood: Tales of Lovepedals, Ham Sammiches and the Red Dress

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltonius

Señor Member
Supporting Member
I tried playing "sober" last night and found the HPTT to be much better with my P-90/JR!!
The Strat already has 3-OD's Super-6, DD, and E-Burst.
The HPTT has to be played with finesse.........
if you play to aggressively it compresses to much and kinda loses it coolness,
for lack of a better way to put it.
And I learned a few things about the BK, I think it will stay on permanently:)
When I first got it I couldn't figure out the knob functions and I also bought a VFE Phaser that came same day.
Their seemed to be some overlap with the 2-pedals but now I have a better grasp of things.
The VFE might stay as well but..... I can't get the Little Miss Sunshine out of my head!!
Man, those are some black belt pedals you've got there! I enjoy a simple pedal as much as the next guy, but I really find joy in dialing in the more difficult ones.. sometimes. :D

The VFE Enterprise/Tractor Beam is a prime example.. Four knobs, two 3-way toggles, internal trimmers? Everybody's perfect phase sound is in there somewhere!

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
Man, those are some black belt pedals you've got there! I enjoy a simple pedal as much as the next guy, but I really find joy in dialing in the more difficult ones.. sometimes. :D

The VFE Enterprise/Tractor Beam is a prime example.. Four knobs, two 3-way toggles, internal trimmers? Everybody's perfect phase sound is in there somewhere!

That is the problem, Black Belt pedals
White Belt skills!!

I really liked the Skreddy phaser 1-knob simple and sweet.
But GAS put her on the chopping block and when I started to look again......
I "thought' I liked the sound of all the options on the VFE.
Now I just have to learn how to maximize themo_O

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Gold Supporting Member
Then you need a Hermida Reverb-3. But you can't have mine :D

The Mesa LSS's I play have a good spring reverb built in the box.
And I would like to be able to get that BIG 80's" sound:)
Need to be able to jam some Whitesnake, VH, Judas Priest type tones,
I do own a Purple Plexi you know!!!!!!!!!!!!

LionVerse

Anhedonic Misanthrope
Silver Supporting Member
Yesterday was a good day; my DOD 250 arrived and I saw one of the best shows ever, Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals. :dude

He's someone I've always wanted to see and I can't believe I still haven't. I was considering driving to NYC for that show because he's playing here tomorrow and I already have tickets for Andrew Bird tomorrow.

technomancer

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds awesome but not sure I'll be in regardless of which weekend it is... I have WAY too much stuff here already lol

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I shouldn't stay up either day: this week I'm working, and next week playing in church. Still, probably do either.

G&L: they are very good Fender copies although the necks are narrower than I like, so I've never actually kept one. At the price range the tributes sell for, they're actually just a little less than a vintage US guitar from the 80s (bought and sold my strat style for around $550 IIRC-S3 maybe?). At $299 I'd at least think about it.

Wow, that Budda is a KILLER amp at that price. If I had ANY more room, I'd be all over it!

hereandgone18

I hope we have SNS tomorrow. My wife and I woke up this morning at 3 am to the sound of pouring water hitting our floor. It turns out that if you spring a leak in your roof near the AC (it rained last night), water will drip down the ducts and form a nice water feature in every room of your house.

:drown

We have a lot of cleanup to do, I intend to take out my frustration on my wallet... SNS!

Ivo

Been quiet lately. Still scraping each week and saving for the new amp + cab. Trying to avoid pedal GAS. lol I'll be cheering from the sidelines. :aok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom