The solo to Little Fighter

mikebat

Bratta is awesome, soooo good but maybe a little too refined for me.

But I can't sit through that singer's delivery

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
Love this solo for sure! I had just bought a Steinberger GM4T a few months before this record came out and I was all like, "Oh hell yes, Vito!" Interesting clean/dirty rig he recorded with for this record, too.

rsm

My fav guitarist of the "hair bands" era.

I was experimenting with my Boss GT-1 using different drives / boosts with different amp models, and the TS + one of the Marshall amp models just worked and it sounded like Vito Bratta on "Hungry" to me, so I created a patch I named "Bratta". I don't use it for my current music, but it's a blast to warm-up with.

Misterbulbous

I always felt he came closest to copping VH's style, especially when he would solo without rhythm guitar backing. Steve Steven's probably could have come close also (if he wanted to?) - when he wasn't with Billy Idol.

Another melodic solo "up there" would be Vandenberg's solo on Burning Heart.

T Dizz

I always felt he came closest to copping VH's style, especially when he would solo without rhythm guitar backing. Steve Steven's probably could have come close also (if he wanted to?) - when he wasn't with Billy Idol.

Another melodic solo "up there" would be Vandenberg's solo on Burning Heart.
I agree.. he was one of the only guys that actually "got it" when it came to VH-ish soloing.

T Dizz

My fav guitarist of the "hair bands" era.

I was experimenting with my Boss GT-1 using different drives / boosts with different amp models, and the TS + one of the Marshall amp models just worked and it sounded like Vito Bratta on "Hungry" to me, so I created a patch I named "Bratta". I don't use it for my current music, but it's a blast to warm-up with.
When I heard Hungry, I was instantly in love with the riff and the tone. Wasn't he an ADA preamp user at that time??

Reactions: rsm

iamdavea

Gold Supporting Member
Crazy good solo. Perfect. And I always wonder if guys realize, at the time, that they've just tracked a classic.

Oldschool59

A great song, throughout. Not only is the solo great, but the rhythm is perfect, and the tone is amazing. I used to love White Lion. I listened to it recently, and I have to admit that Tramp's vocals did not age so well. Still a great band, though.

Top Bottom