• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

rsmith601

Vendor
I specifically do not mention the 20% off discount when discussing Prymaxe purchases. I want to keep this benefit to those "in the know". I suspect that, as this discount becomes more known, other retailers who are unable or unwilling to cut into their margins are likely to complain to pedal manufacturers about the discounts. This may in turn cause some manufacturers to decline to do business with Prymaxe in the future.

There is no legal basis for anyone to prevent Prymaxe from selling at any price they wish, but they may frustrate competitors who are undercut in the process. Healthy competition is completely appropriate, however, some retailers may voice their frustrations with the manufacturer.

Compounding this is the fact that manufactures may wish to foster consistent pricing and avoid the perception that their products are being "discounted".

These are the likely reasons that the discounts officially exclude many manufacturers, but are allowed when a private message is sent.

I have no allegience to any specific retailer, so I will happily accept a 20% discount, however when a company I wish to support like Source Audio offers a product direct, I am happy to buy direct so that they can cut out the retailer middle man and earn a higher profit margin on products. Alas Source Audio is not shipping to Canada.

Of course this is all conjecture and I in no way wish to imply that I have any personal knowledge about Source Audio's position on Prymaxe or product pricing in general.
Some wise words here. Most of it is right on the mark.

We will send to Canada from the SA store. Send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net if you ever need anything.

rochell59

Silver Supporting Member
I noticed a wet level drop when I ran stereo in to mono out. I can’t confirm if sum to mono took place with auto routing like it’s supposed to, but mono in/mono out definitely sounded bigger.

joelster

Silver Supporting Member
OK, I might have an issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's happened in the past with my Nemesis and on Monday it happened with my Ventris. I got to practice, plugged my pedalboard and took my amp off of standby and nothing, no sound. I go through standard troubleshooting and determine that the issue is my board, not the amp. It wasn't until I disconnected and reconnected power from the Nemesis and then the Ventris that I got a signal. I am using the factory power supplies for both (the nemesis did not get along with my PP2+). I guess this isn't an issue if I can remember why it's happening but it's kind of a PITA. Anyone else?

Last edited:

AfroBill

OK, I might have an issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. It's happened in the past with my Nemesis and on Monday it happened with my Ventris. I got to practice, plugged my pedalboard and took my amp off of standby and nothing, no sound. I go through standard troubleshooting and determine that the issue is my board, not the amp. It wasn't until I disconnected and reconnected power from the Nemesis and then the Ventris that I got a signal. I am using the factory power supplies for both (the nemesis did not get along with my PP2+). I guess this isn't an issue if I can remember why it's happening but it's kind of a PITA. Anyone else?
This has happened repeatedly with my Nemesis using the power supply that came with it. I usually solve the issue by unplugging and replugging the power adapter at the Nemesis. Is there a fix coming for this @rsmith601 ?

sumpe

Some wise words here. Most of it is right on the mark.

We will send to Canada from the SA store. Send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net if you ever need anything.
Please send one to me in Europe - seriously, both Thomann and Andertons keep postponing their "arrival dates" - it is looking now like end of December - Thomann has the 5th of January. I have been waiting for this pedal to be available since May this year - quite painful (I wrote to the companies and even when they say, yeah the shipment is coming, a few days later, postponed!!!) :mob:dunno

rsmith601

Vendor
This has happened repeatedly with my Nemesis using the power supply that came with it. I usually solve the issue by unplugging and replugging the power adapter at the Nemesis. Is there a fix coming for this @rsmith601 ?
This is not anything we are aware of. I know that some of the earlier Nemesis power supplies were at the edge of not having enough power and this could cause issues. Send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net and let them know what power supply you have.

rsmith601

Vendor
Please send one to me in Europe - seriously, both Thomann and Andertons keep postponing their "arrival dates" - it is looking now like end of December - Thomann has the 5th of January. I have been waiting for this pedal to be available since May this year - quite painful (I wrote to the companies and even when they say, yeah the shipment is coming, a few days later, postponed!!!) :mob:dunno
We have been testing and sending lots of units to Europe this and last week. We cannot go around our distributors. Sorry!!

sumpe

We have been testing and sending lots of units to Europe this and last week. We cannot go around our distributors. Sorry!!
... I know. Thanks for the understanding though - and I think I understand the side of Source Audio too.

I just wish it did not keep postponing - I have cancelled 2 orders because it said the Ventris would arrive on date X but then they postponed it - both times because somewhere else it promised a sooner delivery date and now I figure I will just wait because it will be not fun pre-ordering it from company A just to see it arriving at company B sooner and company A postponing even more the delivery. PS: the first date I saw at Andertons for arrival was late November - now it says Dec 20th....

ok. Im done venting - sorry. I'll make do with my current set up until the reverb pedal is physically available...;):band

Boba7

sumpe, why don't you order directly from the US? I live in France and I got my Nemesis through Prymaxe for cheaper than Thomann, and with USPS I didn't pay any taxes!

WiresDream

Last thing I heard from Andertons it was the 8th of December. If you cancelled your order, then when you re-order you go to the back of the queue, and most likely land in the next shipment.

sumpe

sumpe, why don't you order directly from the US? I live in France and I got my Nemesis through Prymaxe for cheaper than Thomann, and with USPS I didn't pay any taxes!
word. I considered this...still consider it...I fear about Guarantee issues if there is a fault in the unit and trouble sending it back... maybe I should just bite the bullet?:argue (that's me talking to myself :/)

Last thing I heard from Andertons it was the 8th of December. If you cancelled your order, then when you re-order you go to the back of the queue, and most likely land in the next shipment.
I spoke specifically on the phone with Andertons about this, twice - they said they actually did not receive the batches and that they were postponed - I also asked Thomann - maybe they did and the pre-order was filled hence sending everything back to the queue - but that is not the answer I was given on the other side of the phone line.:dunno gosh - but by the lack of any reviews, at least from the Thomann website, I have no proof anyone actually received it from them...

rsmith601

Vendor
US dealers are not supposed to ship outside the US. If anything goes wrong, then SA needs to pay all the money to support any fixes......and the dealers make all the money and do nothing to support. It is not fair to SA or the dealers in the UK.

Trending Topics