• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

Monster265

I ordered mine on Black Friday. Just looked up my order on their site. Shows that it was fulfilled and the shipping label was created this morning as is being shipped out.
Yep, same here. BF 11/24 10am order fulfilled. my turn....:banana
Like kids on Christmas... excited.

@rsmith601 SA, Thanks for your hard work! Tell the team many thanks..

Last edited:

Footbutt

My 11/24 BF order has been changed to status fulfilled including a USPS tracking number. It looks like Prymaxe is catching up fast!
same here! i kinda forgot about it, with everything else going on in my life, and i decided to email Steve @ Prymaxe. Those are some good people.

sumpe

I have exactly the same problem with the Vertigo... I always have to unplug/plug back the power to have the pedal working correctly. Seems that when the pedal turn on at the same as my others pedals, the bugs occur... Note that I do not use the original power but a Strymon Zuma... Maybe not enough mA for the start...
Hiya - I had a similar issue with a Series One pedal, but using the Desktop Hub Editor or Neuro app - seems as soon as I connected it, I could not hear the sound modifications I was doing - then when unpluging the HUB and or the Neuro Desktop cable (and once by removing the power supply and re-inserting) I got the pedal to work again...

vintagefox

Just played the Ventris for the first time. What stands out to me the most is how natural the reverbs sound. There isnt a single trace of digital artifacts to be found. The Spring mode is the best thing about the Ventris, IMHO. It does not sound like reverb from a pedal. It sounds and feels like a high end reverb tank from an amp. I've spent most of my time in this mode, because it sounds so damn good. I will post my thoughts about the other modes when I get more time to spend with the pedal.

rsmith601

Vendor
Just played the Ventris for the first time. What stands out to me the most is how natural the reverbs sound. There isnt a single trace of digital artifacts to be found. The Spring mode is the best thing about the Ventris, IMHO. It does not sound like reverb from a pedal. It sounds and feels like a high end reverb tank from an amp. I've spent most of my time in this mode, because it sounds so damn good. I will post my thoughts about the other modes when I get more time to spend with the pedal.
Glad you like.
Team effort over many months: Bob Chidlaw, Jesse Remignanti, and TGP beta testers: @thesooze, @V, @Chance.
The good thing is that the True Spring is now the basis for other key things: Modverb and the upcoming 6G15 outboard spring (aka Ultra-drip).

coltonius

Señor Member
I am really digging my Ventris in tandem with the Nemesis and Gemini I already had..

- Can’t wait for the iPhone editor (pleeeease done delay it like you’ve been threatening, @rsmith601 !) ;)

- One minor point of annoyance is that I’ve noticed mini USB cables are outdated technology. That’s the way it goes, I suppose. I had to order one on Amazon Prime because I couldn’t find any at my house and my local Walmart and Target didn’t have any!

Truce11

So what does Bob & Jesse do at this point of the product when its finally released into the wild? I imagine theres QC but how soon do you guys start working on the next thing? How soon do you all start brainstorming?

LordByron

The Dude abides!
So what does Bob & Jesse do at this point of the product when its finally released into the wild? I imagine theres QC but how soon do you guys start working on the next thing? How soon do you all start brainstorming?
Oh, there are still algorithms to create and perfect. That's the beauty of SA. They never stand still. They keep making their stuff better and better and better. :aok

rsmith601

Vendor
Bob has been working on the back engines. A group of them are based on an invention we have no name for yet but I can't reveal how it's created without giving away the secret recipe. These sounds are really exciting. Ethereal like E Dome. More subtle than Offspring. Very inspiring, new and creative stuff. We have used it to also create a popular sound from another pedal out there. We will see how much time it takes to figure that out!
Ventris is different hardware than Nemesis. Making them in volume and at very high quality levels (it's not an inexpensive pedal) has required an enormous amount of Jesse's and my time. There is a massive backlog and people anxious to get them all over the world (our first large shipment goes to Japan this week). I have found someone to help us so that Jesse can work full time on the editor and back engines. I am confident that these additions will make the Ventris even more exciting.

Last edited:

Boba7

Bob has been working on the back engines. A group of them are based on an invention we have no name for yet but I can't reveal how it's created without giving away the secret recipe. These sounds are really exciting. Ethereal like E Dome. More subtle than Offspring. Very inspiring, new and creative stuff. We have used it to also create a popular sound from another pedal out there. We will see how much time it takes to figure that out!
Ventris is different hardware than Nemesis. Making them in volume and at very high quality levels (it's not an inexpensive pedal) has required an enormous amount of Jesse's and my time. There is a massive backlog and people anxious to get them all over the world (out first large shipment goes to Japan this week). I have found someone to help us so that Jesse can work full time on the editor and back engines. I am confident that these additions will make the Ventris even more exciting.
I must say I'm not sure I'm gonna buy a Ventris soon, but I own a Nemesis and it's really great to read those kind of messages from you, I really enjoy it, and it's slowly turning me into a fanboy I must confess! :D
Can't wait to hear the back engines demo too. :)

4b454e

Platinum Supporting Member
A group of them are based on an invention we have no name for yet but I can't reveal how it's created without giving away the secret recipe. These sounds are really exciting. Ethereal like E Dome. More subtle than Offspring. Very inspiring, new and creative stuff. We have used it to also create a popular sound from another pedal out there. We will see how much time it takes to figure that out!
Clearly the anticipation machine/department is still functioning well!

Trending Topics