1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LordByron, Oct 20, 2016.

1. m0b1liz3

m0b1liz3 Member

I have already contacted them about this multiple times and they have not done anything about it. I was one of the first 10 pre orders yet it didn't get shipped till late November. The tracking said processed at NY and now on its way. It said the same thing Nov. 25, then Dec 20 and now Dec. 31. So for some reason it never leaves NY. Prymaxe's response was underwhelming.

2. 4b454e

4b454e Supporting Member

Me too! I have no idea anymore, lol
    I actually haven't done much with the Reflex lately but now that I've finally gotten all of everything properly connected up, I am in a great position to explore more options (like having the switch toggle between what is being controlled, instead of just turning the effect on/off) but, more than that, I am actually playing the friggin guitar more which, perhaps predictably, has led me to not think quite so much about the effects.
    But I did that specifically to have my Reflex and Stingray work together as a wah pedal, so I'll probably dial that back in first, SAVE IT, and reply back

diego.fresh likes this.
  3. m0b1liz3

m0b1liz3 Member

Just noticed the tracking was updated again. Similar msg but Jan. 1st date. Everytime it says in transit to destination yet it never leaves NY. I wonder if someone at that office plays guitar...

Your item departed a transfer airport in JOHN F KENNEDY INTL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES on January 1, 2018 at 4:35 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

4. Tri Pedal Reviews

Tri Pedal Reviews Member

I had the same thing happen to a Vibrato pedal that left NY. Still on its way since Dec 11th... No updates since the 16th.

Seller is probably going to refund my money. But, being impatient I ordered another one from a different seller in another state. Its on its way... still... expected delivery date tomorrow. No further updates since it left the initial hop.

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have this pedal.

5. rsmith601

rsmith601 Vendor

Welcome back!!! :)

LionVerse likes this.
  6. theluckyjackson

theluckyjackson Silver Supporting Member

:oops: Thanks for catching my blunder. I must have looked at that page 100 times and never noticed. TGP to the rescue again.

Nakoa, rsmith601 and GaryMcT like this.
  7. theluckyjackson

theluckyjackson Silver Supporting Member

Sorry if I'm missing the context here - to what were you referring when you said, "vocal/formant effect?"

8. LionVerse

LionVerse Silver Supporting Member

I swear I can spin the dial and just play a couple hours on whichever engine it lands on. I don't know any other piece of gear I could do that with! Especially considering how distinct each Ventris engine is from the others :aok

Maybe tonight I'll be able to install the update without getting distracted... :oops:

J.Jones, stagolee, rsmith601 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ldogzin

Ldogzin Member

I'm attempting to midi control my Ventris Reverb with the Boss ES 8 switcher. I'm able to call up presets just fine, but I'm also wanting to set switches to scroll up and down the presets. I came across the midi implementation guide online, but I do not see a CC number that simply allows you to scroll through the presets. I might add that I'm new to midi so might be might be overlooking something. Has anyone had any luck doing this?

GaryMcT likes this.
  10. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Entries full midi support is not ready yet, they only gave us some basic controls over midi cc for the time being.

GaryMcT and Ldogzin like this.
  11. Ldogzin

Ldogzin Member

Ah, got it.. Thanks for the reply!

12. LionVerse

I don't think it's listed yet but it is there and working. I have one Panel on my Soleman set as -

Ventris Down / Ventris Up / Nemesis Down / Nemesis Up

Which is super handy! I can check what it is using when I get home tonight. I think it's the same as the Nemesis.

Nocd, dickjonesify, GaryMcT and 3 others like this.
  13. Ldogzin

Ldogzin Member

That would be awesome if you could share it when you can.. Thank you!

GaryMcT likes this.
  14. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Supporting Member

Hey all - I tried searching, and some people seemed to have a similar issue, but I don't know if it's exactly the same or if it was resolved.

I received my pedal about a week ago, maybe a little more. I believe it is running the newest firmware, though not 100% sure.

I engaged trails mode today by using the control switch. I then noticed that if the pedal was bypassed and I switched modes using the rotary dial, I lost all signal going through the pedal unless I engaged the pedal again. When I switched trails mode off, this behavior went away.

Was this a known issue and/or solved already?

Thanks!

15. stagolee

stagolee Supporting Member

I did notice that when I was sending midi PCs that the pedal often disengaged when switching. I didn't pay attention to whether it started only after I engaged trails mode in desktop app. I figured I would end up adding engage commands in the eventual setlist messages anyway, but it did strike me as strange. I am a little more concerned about the signal drop when a knob is changed on the fly after selecting a preset. Is that related to trails and to be expected? Will be curious if there is follow up to your question.

16. WiresDream

WiresDream Member

A 2 hour video might be a bit much it seems! I might do a quick 10minute video that encapsulates every engine.

theluckyjackson and dickjonesify like this.
  17. LionVerse

Preset Down = CC80
    Preset Up = CC82

This is the same as the Nemesis.

@rsmith601 or @theluckyjackson - The Nemesis MIDI implementation doc on your site is missing two pages compared to the one I have downloaded here.

18. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

I haven’t watched yet but will soon. Thanks for reminding me.

19. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Member

I think he means the sort of vowel/choir type sounds like the BigSky’s Chorale, which was the only Engine I really liked aside from Cloud.

Like this...

Sean413 and theluckyjackson like this.
  20. ozfunghi

ozfunghi Member

Well, just what i read in this thread earlier. People were talking about it, and from what i understood, it was SA that at one point added it to the product specs sheet. You can search the thread and i'm sure you'll find what i'm talking about.

Sean413 and dickjonesify like this.