The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by LordByron, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Ldogzin

Ldogzin Member

perfect, it works! Thanks for your help!

LionVerse and GaryMcT like this.
  2. theluckyjackson

theluckyjackson Silver Supporting Member

The 2 hour feature length video was AWESOME, but a summarized version would be pretty sweet too. :aok

Auger64 and WiresDream like this.
  3. KaBudokan

KaBudokan Supporting Member

Just to follow up - today when I first powered up, the pedal was bypassed. I was getting no signal through the pedal at all until I engaged it. Once I bypassed the pedal again, if I would switch engines (while bypassed), the (bypassed) guitar signal would disappear.

I turned off trails mode, and all is well. For reference, I do have the pedal in true-bypass mode also. I may try changing that later and see if the issue still exists.

TimTimmony likes this.
  4. stagolee

stagolee Supporting Member

I believe I have it set to buffered-bypass with similar observations. I'll experiment later since we are having a rare snow day in south carolina...

TimTimmony likes this.
  5. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Editor almost ready for beta testing :)

6. WiresDream

WiresDream Member

wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit wantit !!!

Nakoa and LionVerse like this.
  7. diego.fresh

diego.fresh Supporting Member

Great news!

Nakoa likes this.
  8. bigEbeer

bigEbeer Member

Yay!!!

Nakoa likes this.
  9. Sean413

Sean413 Member

it was also talked about at namm.

ozfunghi likes this.
  10. fitzo

fitzo Silver Supporting Member

That's great to read! Eager for the fuller implementation it offers, especially the footswitch options.

Broke out a USB hub after reading this and tested with my 15 foot USB cable to both Nemesis and Ventris. Works well. 2nd cable ordered! I really look forward to this, as my fixed position here at home will allow me to switch presets and engines from the computer, avoiding the implementation of a different MIDI pedal (currently use MIDI Mouse).

Thanks, Roger. Looking forward to this in the not-so-distant future.

rsmith601 and diego.fresh like this.
  11. Prymaxe

Prymaxe Member

PM me your order number. There could have been a payment error or something similar which would cause your order not to come through to our shipping software.

diego.fresh likes this.
  12. GaryMcT

GaryMcT Gold Supporting Member

I’ve seen similar behavior. I’m in true bypass (or whatever it ships with). It gets a PC message to switch patches from a patch that has it disabled to one where it is enabled. It looks like it is on, but I only get the dry signal. Have to hit the bypass button a couple times to get it to work.

TimTimmony likes this.
  13. ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin Member

Ok! So, I finally didn't resist, and just ordered one. :) Happy New Year! AMS has them on an 8 payment plan, and they had emailed me a coupon for $15 off which expired two days ago and they honored it online anyway, didn't even have to talk to a person.. 8 payments less the $15 (cancels out the $15 'processing fee') is $48/month. Just looking out for the budget minded folks! :)

Anyway, I think I am going to revisit the idea of a dedicated 'wet board'. I've since gone over to doing mostly Helix-as-pedalboard, 4Cm, etc. But I still have a couple of other boards, and just wondered about putting pedals into the Helix fx loop or loops. I have a flat 12x24 board, going to do a mockup before the Ventris arrives, see what all will fit. I am hoping to get a Mission Aero expression pedal, DMC-3XL MIDI switcher, Strymon Zuma power supply, and four pedals: Strymon Blue Sky and DIG, and Source Audio Nemesis and Ventris. Obviously the first one on the chopping block if space becomes an issue is the Blue Sky.. It's a sweet pedal; just guessing it might not be needed next to the Ventris; though, if I use the Blue Sky for some base reverb, frees up the Ventris for more 'far out' stuff. Will see what fits! The Mission exp pedal isn't crucial, can sit it on the side if needed.

Anyway, stoked to check out this pedal, been following this thread for over a year now..

Cheers!

14. rsmith601

Finally had some time with your video. Awesome work.

If anyone with real ears wants to know what to expect with this pedal, this video nails it. Particularly the True Spring Sounds.

binkydognose, Auger64 and WiresDream like this.
  15. theluckyjackson

theluckyjackson Silver Supporting Member

I can't remember if this is something we've encountered before. We'll check it out in the office tomorrow - everybody is snowbound today. Y'all say the problem only occurs when the pedal is in Trails Mode?

16. rsmith601

Just for fun, I went back to the beginning of this thread to see how we had done. "Offspring" certainly fits into this category. There is absolutely nothing like it. The upcoming "Hyper-Sphere" engines also fit this category. We did work hard on the plate and springs too.

The March 2017 release date? :hide2

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Imerkat, Blix, dickjonesify and 4 others like this.
  17. olejason

olejason Member

haha Yep I think you guys do a good job appealing to both the traditional crowd and the "out there" guys

18. WiresDream

WiresDream Member

*blushes*

Fanks!

19. ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP Supporting Member

Cool, looking forward to hearing the Hyper-Sphere! I hope there may me some old rack sounds like Soft Focus in the works.

On another note; was Source Audio closed today due to the weather? My Ventris was in for troubleshooting and was supposed to be sent out yesterday or today. I only see pre-shipment information and Nathan didn't reply to my email from this morning.

20. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Sounded like they all got snowed in.