The Stratosphere: NOT the worst customer service ever (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by josetxu, Dec 9, 2019.

1. josetxu

josetxu Member

Hi,

I made an order at The Stratosphere the last November 26th of almost $350, including $80 of shipping to Spain. It only consisted of two items: one pickup from the 50% black friday and a loaded pickguard not discounted (from a signature model, so impossible to find anywhere)

After 3 days with my order in the "Awaiting Fulfillment" status I decided to write them about my order and they didn't reply me until December 5th (almost a week after), saying that they unfortunately cannot ship to Spain, and they were to send me a refund for my order.

I buy almost every week from the USA and never have a problem until now.

In they web they state that "We ship to virtually any address in the world", so I asked if there were any problem with any of the items of the order, to remove from the order. I also told them that I'm experience with buying things from USA, so I'm aware of the taxes and extra delay times due to customs and that I didn't mind them.

I haven't heard anything back from them, the order is still on the same status and they still have my money after almost two weeks.

It's the first time I've seen such a bad service, and I'm starting to think 'll have to get paypal involved to get my money back. The worst of all is that they haven't give me any valid reason for refusing to send my order.

I've tried to contact them today with any luck.

Do you have any similar experiences with them?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. Jabby92

Jabby92 Member

Yeah, they seem incompetent to me. They couldn't even answer some simple questions I had about a neck they had for sale. It was always a 'half' answer where they would say one thing but not ever give a straight definite answer. They are also crazy overpriced, I would avoid them.

JPH118, chumbucket, Ampegged and 4 others like this.
  3. JMMP1

JMMP1 Member

Well, they did answer you. They said “we don’t ship to Spain.”

The refund being delayed is unfortunate, and I would contact them again to get them to initiate it.

I’ve noticed they sometimes take awhile to respond, but I haven’t had any trouble with them actually accomplishing anything they said they would do, or fixing issues after ordering.

woof* likes this.
  4. blaster

blaster Member

I never had a problem with them and bought a few things from them over the years. Some parts I got were bought at a good price, but some of their item seemed a little high, but I never had any issues with them at all.

Cb and Gig Young like this.
  5. radiolab

radiolab Member

Sorry to hear your issue with them.

on the other side of the situation, one bad review can ruin a small business. I have done many deals with them and they’ve always been 100% friendly and on time.

6. Rob Taft

Rob Taft Supporting Member

Purchased a couple of items from them (a neck and a body). I had no problems with the order and if the price was right, I'd buy from them in the future. As a caveat, I live in the US. I'd also say that if that is your "worst customer experience ever", then you live a charmed life.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  7. NicDo

NicDo Member

Are you mixing up your months? If you bought on oct. 26, then you ordered on a Saturday and should expect the status to stay the same until Monday.

coldengray likes this.
  8. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I dunno... see the currently running Fulltone thread for some “worst” competition. LOL

:dunno

JPH118, Abram4235, wilsonov7 and 4 others like this.
  9. G.August

G.August Supporting Member

Personally I've had a lot of trouble with Stratosphere. Very poor communication overall, extremely slow to respond to email. My last paid order was "accidentally sold" on to someone else days after I received a shipping confirmation and was met with a "is what it is" attitude. Used them 3 times and was a unfortunately a struggle each time.

Brian N likes this.
  10. josetxu

josetxu Member

Yeah, I mean november (tuesday). Thanks pointing it, I've changed it in the original post.

11. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Supporting Member

That's what I have been told in person by other players I know (group conversation over beers in which I asked about replacement neck sources). The consensus was that they don't seem to mean ill, but they don't particularly have it together as a business, and don't much care when they screw up.

12. Juan Tuthri

Juan Tuthri Supporting Member

I contacted then on ebay a few days ago and again this morning and have yet to hear back. They almost have the market cornered so it is what it is.

Brian N likes this.
  13. 65ChampAmp

65ChampAmp Member

Be patient. They are dis-assembling new Fenders as quickly as they can.

Hackdog69, JPH118, nastynate and 35 others like this.
  14. Matt L

Matt L Member

Haven’t had any issues, but I do agree that the attention to timely email replies is sometimes lacking and some of the pricing is excessively high.

15. YALCaster

YALCaster Member

I pointed out to them that one of their listings was incorrect, and they acknowledged my email but never changed the listing :confused:

16. placebo62

placebo62 Supporting Member

I emailed them once with some basic questions that they couldn’t answer. I replied with a follow up and they never responded.

17. COYS

COYS Supporting Member

It's expensive and just a chop shop, but I've never had a problem with them. Made quite a few purchases.

I think you probably meant November instead of October. Sounds like you purchased over a long holiday in the US, so a delayed response to an order or email might be expected.

18. Janus Alfador

Janus Alfador Member

My guess is that it's like a one or two person operation and they just need a lot of time to catch up. Their contact hours are very minimal, and when I've tried to contact them during those hours I mostly haven't had my call picked up.

I don't actually know anything about their company, but my impression is that it's just a small operation.

Bluplirst likes this.
  19. drri

drri Supporting Member

I bought a couple things years ago from eBay, no issues. They left good feedback and so did I. And for some reason I was blocked by them on eBay from purchasing. I can’t even message them to see what the issue is. Makes no sense but is what it is, I’ll survive and I’m sure they will to.

20. roachone

roachone Member

The only issue I have had with them is that they advertise they ship "USPS priority mail" They don't. Every order I bought was shipped first class. I emailed them about it but never got a response. The last time I ordered I emailed them and ask them to please ship it priority mail as advertised but of coarse they didn't. I haven't ordered from them since then. (If it was free shipping I would not complain, but they charge Priority mail rates).