• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

The Sun Came Out, Neil Finn and friends

Ephi82

Probably already noted many times!

Just saw this 2009 production on Netflix. I understand that multiple great musicians came out at Neil Finn's request to make a CD in his studio for the Oxfam charity.

It's a nice watch if you can see it. Contributors are Jeff Tweedy and John Sirrat from Wilco, Johnny Marr, couple of guys from Radiohead, KT Turnstal (who is terrific) and a bunch of other stellar musicians (forgot to mention Lisa Gemano). (Please forgive lack of other credits, you were all awesome)

Video is a combination of them working in Finn's home, and home studio, and interspersed is the spectacular views of seaside Aukland NZ (I am going soon) and concert footage.

If you are a musician, you will love it. If you dont like it, I am afraid there is something wrong with you, but ymmv

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
If you liked that, check out 7 Worlds Collide, from '01. Sun Came Out sort of grew out of the 7 Worlds concept. 7 Worlds might be my favorite music DVD ever. Especially love Fall at Your Feet, and Ed Vedder playing History never Repeats with Neil's son Liam, who at the time was probably about 16 years old....

cheers

Pat and Glenn from Wilco also...bassist from Soul Coughing I think?

It was a really great find for me on Netflix also. Good, positive music film.

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
...bassist from Soul Coughing I think?
Sebastian Steinberg. He's awesome :aok
Soul Coughing was maybe my 2nd rock show i ever went to...Was really super-excited to see Sebastian tour with Fiona Apple last year or two also.

cheers

Ephi82

Should be more exposure for great music and music makers.... Why are assailed by so much ****** pop stuff when this great stuff is happening?

Nevets

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to see him in March! Neil always puts on a great show, has some of the best stage banter I've heard too. And he's a pretty good guitarist. And of course, the beautiful songs.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom