The Tan Pants Gig

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Trevordog, Jul 13, 2019.

1. sonofspy

sonofspy Member

Can't see 'em no matter what I do. "440 Login Timeout"

2. Trevordog

Trevordog Member

Believe me, you're better off. I had trouble getting to sleep last night after posting them.

sonofspy likes this.
  3. Losov

Losov Member

I saw a thirty year old video of myself playing bass in a band and for some reason I was wearing tan pants and a blue golf shirt, don't know why. But I do know I looked like a service writer at a tire shop.

JK1965 and Trevordog like this.
  4. Kentano2000

Kentano2000 Member

5. paulydangerous

paulydangerous Member

What does castigate mean ?

6. Badtone

Badtone Supporting Member

That's when you're lonely and have a broken arm, or maybe when you reprimand someone, one or the other...

beanbass, ned7flat5 and Trevordog like this.
  7. Trevordog

Trevordog Member

I posted the pics! They come out perfect every time I traumatize myself by looking at the post.
    I right clicked on the photos the drummer emailed me and clicked on 'copy image', then I right clicked on 'paste'.
    Probably the people that have seen them are so traumatized by seeing them, they have had to get immediate medical care for PTSD. I'm sure they'll be around after a few days on suicide watch in a locked ward.

Kentano2000 likes this.
  8. BobK

BobK Member

If I ever get a gig in Scotland I'm wearing a tan kilt.

Trevordog likes this.
  9. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

that's not how it works, no wonder we can't see them.

Tony, gtrdave and stratadp like this.
  10. ned7flat5

ned7flat5 Member

Down in Oz, we have, by week’s end, what are referred to as “Hawthorn undies”, after that AFL team’s colors - mostly yellow with brown stripes...

[​IMG]

11. Funky54

Funky54 Member

I want you to read that back to yourself and ask... “Does this make sense to me”

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Trevordog and MoarGear like this.
  12. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Is that for real? A gig so worried the band was wearing tan pants and golf shirts that they followed up like that beforehand with those calls?

Because only masochistic weirdos get up early?

Trevordog likes this.
  13. MoarGear

MoarGear Member

Most certainly not in Tan Pants or Golf Shirts, much less in the morning.

Trevordog likes this.
  14. Shiro

Shiro Silver Supporting Member

You play tan pants gigs, and black pants gigs. Maybe you need a pants optional gig to balance things out.

Trevordog likes this.
  15. Trevordog

Trevordog Member

So how does it work oh miserable one?

16. JiveJust

JiveJust Member

17. Trevordog

Trevordog Member

We finished our last Tan Pants gig for the Summer last night, some interesting events that happened were:
    1) it was so hot on one of the gigs, guys showed up in tan shorts.
    2) I tried Spray and Wash to get rid of the ink stains on my tan pants, but even that didn't work.
    3) My ADHD/PHD brother suggested I use white-out to cover the ink stains. It was at that time that I realized that they were truly tan pants, not white pants. After a drop or two of White-out, I ceased application of said White-out.
    4) The trumpet player I carpooled with on the gig remains a strong suspect in the disappearance of a free car wash coupon I had lying on the floor of my Honda. He left his coffee in the car, and I gave him my keys to go back to the parking lot to get his coffee. Later on in the week, the coupon, which I've had for about a year on the floor of my car on the passenger side, was mysteriously missing.
    5) I confronted said trumpet player with my accusations of car wash coupon theft, and did a search of said Honda right in front of him. He denied any involvement in theft of car wash coupon.
    6) I presented my evidence of the car wash coupon theft to the singer and drummer of the band, both court stenographers (and married to each other), and the wife said to leave her the hell alone, because she wasn't on the job, and the drummer husband said there wasn't enough evidence to find the trumpet player guilty.
    I then tried to use the trumpet player's son's career criminal record as background evidence against the trumpet player, but the drummer threw it out as irrelevant.
    7) After the gig was over, the trumpet player told me he thinks one of his cars needs a car wash this week, right in front of the drummer. I told the drummer that this was proof of the trumpet player's guilt, and he just told me it served me right for carpooling with that azzhole.
    8) As if to show the futility of the whole situation, my tan pants split as I bent down to pull out the plug of my amp
    s power cord.

beanbass and swampstomper like this.
  18. Drew66

Drew66 Member

Ok, this thread is three pages and I can’t believe no one has brought this up (maybe it needs its own thread), what brand of tan pants have the best tone? What upgrades can I do to get better sounds from my tan pants?

Trevordog and Badtone like this.
  19. JK1965

JK1965 Silver Supporting Member

There is no scenario where I would be wearing tan pants and a golf shirts while playing a gig. Not ever! I own a pair of tan pants that are for business stuff. Even then I go black or blue or even gray. Tan would be when I went through the other colors. Hate wearing any of them though. Just not me.

20. jammwill

jammwill Member

Blooze lawyer: TGP Story