• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Telemaster...

Cobra

Check it out!! Wot a cool hybrid...

The Fender Custom Shop Telemaster is based on an early 50's Esquire/Telecaster platform with a Jazzmaster body shape. A 60'sversion will also be available. Although this model never actually existed, these guitars were designed to look like some kind of lost NAMM show prototype from the Pre-CBS era and they certainly would have been perfectly at home in any vintage Fender catalog. While it may look and feel like a vintage instrument, the Telemaster was designed from the ground up to be true player's guitar with some obvious and not so obvious features. For tonal versatility two additional, specially designed pickups are stealthily hidden underneath the pickguard and the reverse mounted control plate puts the volume and tone knobs in the perfect position for quick adjustments. A 5-way selector switch provides modern switching ability. Additional player friendly specifications include a lightweight Ash body, custom neck profile with 1&11/16 nut width, 9.5 fingerboard radius and 6105 frets, Gatton bridge and saddles for improved intonation and tuning stability.

eddie101

Gold Supporting Member
The shape reminds me of Amoeba and I am not too crazy about it. Why fool with it when you know there is a tele/Esq available?

treeofpain

Gold Supporting Member
An Esquire with a comfortable body shape - works for me. The look will have to grow on me though...

ThugLife

If I remember correctly (pete, I'm lookin at you on this one . . . ) there actually is a neck pickup under the pickguard. I saw some pics of one a few weeks ago and I've been in love since!

KSKONDOR

It reminds me of that gibson guitar of the week that was a reverse explorer. I actually think it's cool.

diego

Cool. Good to mess things around a bit. As far as the distressed look... I'd rather they paid ME to beat it up, rather than me pay them...

MartinPiana

Gold Supporting Member
If I remember correctly (pete, I'm lookin at you on this one . . . ) there actually is a neck pickup under the pickguard. I saw some pics of one a few weeks ago and I've been in love since!
From the OP's cut-and-paste description:
"For tonal versatility two additional, specially designed pickups are stealthily hidden underneath the pickguard and the reverse mounted control plate puts the volume and tone knobs in the perfect position for quick adjustments. A 5-way selector switch provides modern switching ability."

I'm guessing this sounds like something besides (in addition to?) your typical tele.... Would love to give it a spin. I'm not a big fan of relics, but this one looks pretty good from the photo.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
From the OP's cut-and-paste description:
"For tonal versatility two additional, specially designed pickups are stealthily hidden underneath the pickguard and the reverse mounted control plate puts the volume and tone knobs in the perfect position for quick adjustments. A 5-way selector switch provides modern switching ability."

I'm guessing this sounds like something besides (in addition to?) your typical tele.... Would love to give it a spin. I'm not a big fan of relics, but this one looks pretty good from the photo.
Reading... It's not just for breakfast anymore. ;)

Trending Topics