The 'Thru-Zero' Lounge

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PhuzzphayzZ, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Member

I just use a couple digital rack delays. SDD2000 is a great modulator, too. The flange magic happens in the first 3 ms and you can dial in delays in .1 ms increments with those digital units. I use the lxp15 for delayed dry.

2. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

I want:eek:

mowatsmith likes this.
  3. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

Source Audio Mercury Flanger

Was this mentioned already? So far the demo is kind of half n half...mm...eh... how's the quality with this line? The phone app thing...

Can I be blunt about the TZF... there's like ONE "correct" Hendrix setting, and no one's using it on the demos, aye aye aye... it's so hard to imagine what you're just barely not hearing, even tho you yourself think you could make it work.

For any of these pedals we've been talking about...yea, that Hendrix ShootOut... c'mon people...no one's got all the pedals, lol...

Did I ask if the Nemesis does it?

I can see TZF in 2020...

4. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 Gold Supporting Member

TZF V1 or if you can find it the NOS release of 2019, even better. It does it to a "t" and it's analog without converters. I know lots of people go back and forth on it but so far my preference in things in pedal form, less converters = preferable.

5. johnetone

johnetone Member

There’s no such thing as a Hendrix setting because Hendrix didn’t use a flanger on guitar. It was Eddie Kramer in the control room mixing down the tracks with two identical copies of the masters playing at the same time being tracked onto a third reel.

fact: tzf sounds better on the whole mix than on just one instrument.

fact2: tzf sounds better on just drums than just guitar

fact3: the only tzf pedals worth their salt are the foxrox’s.

I have spoken

6. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

No, I agree... no, yea, I know it's a post-production technique, but,... "but"..... it's still pretty much the same "setting"- slow enough to "wrap the tempo", with juuuuust that right amount of cancellation and wobble - did I just hear 'Matchstick Men' earlier in the grocery store?...

TZF always sounds the "same" to me, that's what I meant about the "settings"...

Put my name on the Paradox list yesterday,...lol!!!

I'm somewhat in denial...

Paradox + Glou Glou Rendezvouz = goal in life????:):(:):(:):(:):(

chrismellotron likes this.
  7. chrismellotron

chrismellotron Member

I've read someone remark on here that having TZF actually got buried in a live mix. I think your assessment is spot on.

8. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

regarding having a good TZF effect it can also be used the mooer e-Lady with the Color knob almost cranked (just before the "squealing siren" sound)

9. mdc1

mdc1 Member

I have a TZF2 what settings did you apply for the Hendrix flanging sound out of curiosity ?

10. mowatsmith

mowatsmith Member

I think it was pretty close to the suggested setting in the manual, if I recall correctly.

11. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

bump in case Keeley's still hanging out...

12. LPSupreme11

LPSupreme11 Member

I call BS on this.

S. F. Sorrow and johnetone like this.
  13. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

funny read after I saw your sig

14. LPSupreme11

LPSupreme11 Member

I still stand by my sig. I'm just not convinced a mooer e-Lady has a TZF sound.

S. F. Sorrow likes this.
  15. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

Im no EJ fan but that could help in this thread..

16. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

Just got back from demoing the Catalinbread ZeroPoint.

People, seriously, it was a giant nothingburger... the sweep was seriously weak sauce imo. The store clerk thought it was ok, but, ehhhh, NO!- I hasten to say "ItSUCKS!!", but, perhaps there were other factors (not really).

So, anyhow, I had my foot all over the thing and wasn't getting joyousness... really weak effect imo.

NEXXXT!!!!!!!

17. silverburstlp

silverburstlp Member

Exact opposite of my experience with it. It has both positive and negative modes (hold footswitch when powering up), run after dirt.

Or maybe better put "LOL, like pushing the SWITCHY THINGY downtown when JUICING it up changes the soundz!!! ROFLCOPTER.

LPSupreme11 likes this.
  18. PhuzzphayzZ

PhuzzphayzZ Member

ah, yes, ok, now I remember... yea, I guess we were in Positive mode... and yea, dirt was in the amp, not before, so yea, I can see why I got such bad results. Interesting!

LPSupreme11 and silverburstlp like this.
  19. silverburstlp

silverburstlp Member

Yeah going into a dirty amp is definitely an underwhelming way to use that one. Pretty much all my through zero stuff has to be after dirty otherwise its just a weak flange.

S. F. Sorrow likes this.
  20. LPSupreme11

LPSupreme11 Member

I second this- it has to be run after dirt and set the negative feedback mode in order to get the TZ sound. I really enjoyed that pedal- just sounded a little digital at times with lower headroom (Yes i turned the internal trim down down). Waiting for Mr Black to do a analog TZF with negative - full cancelation flanger!