The Tiny Terror is great.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jcourtjr, Dec 5, 2007.

1. jcourtjr

jcourtjr Member

I just received the amp today and it makes me want to sell my 1974 jmp 50. Im not sure I will do that but this thing is amazing. That is all.

2. es125luv

es125luv Member

These are the kind of topics and posts I like. Short, sweet, and getting me reaching for my wallet.

3. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
    Funny, I felt the opposite when I went to try amps the other day. I played the Tiny Terror and thought, hmm, a bit boxy but not bad. Still, I expected to be more impressed, based on all the great reviews I've seen.

Then I tried a Marshall 1974x and felt - Wow, this is it! What a tone... of course, it costs quite a bit more too.

4. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Silver Supporting Member

congrats on the new amp! I too am really impressed with this thing...love all the sounds in this thing....sounds great through a 1x12 avatar with a Greenback and I also like it through an openbacked 2x12 with a G12H30 and a Blue...also sounds great through a Z-Best 2x12 cab but most things do...wish I hadn't traded that cab!

5. jcourtjr

jcourtjr Member

Well I can also expand. I have a Bogner UberKab with weber 1230s and a THD 2x12 and both sound great with this thing. The TT and the THD are the ultimate portable rig when I dont want to bring the 4x12 with me.

Here is a clip

6. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Senior Member

7. XKnight

XKnight Member

Awesome little amp for a great price. I've played it and am getting one for Christmas. I've heard some folks say the tubes burn out fast, but I'm ready to take my chances. Besides, I don't mind trying different tubes.;)

8. farlowhigh

farlowhigh Silver Supporting Member

I have heard that the tube burning goes more quickly on the 15 watt setting...haven't had mine long enough yet to notice one way or the other....

9. lbw

lbw Member

I just got mine (the Korean model), it's amazing little thing. Sounds just as nice as my CAA OD-100 just different and like, MUCH quieter. :)

I really recommend them, you can't go wrong at that price. Now I just hope mine doesn't blow up.