• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Tom Petty Appreciation Thread ......

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
... he's one of those timeless musicians. :JAM

I was listening to Hard Promises from the early 80s .... man, what a great album! He's had so many good albums, I've lost track. :bow

FREELESSONSNOW

I just watched the DVD Box set that he released not too long ago. I really liked it. A have a new appreciation for Petty. Great stuff.

rob2001

There are times when a Tom Petty song fits like a good pair of broken in blue jeans. Of all the guys that get the label of great songwriter, he's number one in my book.

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
I saw him last summer, with Steve Winwood opening! Superb show, especially when Petty hauled out "End of the Line".

R

roomservice

count me in for appreciation too

got into him after another guitarist frined of mine played me Dogs On The Run...Southern Accents is a a pretty complete album in my opinion and I just explored backwards from there.

Back in the mid to late 80's it seemed that Petty and his band were on a lot of stuff that was popular too so, if you looke dbeyond the performing artist, you got a lot of TP back then (teeming up with Dave Stewart on some good stuff springs to mind).

Not too much of a fan of the poppier stuff from the 90's but a great talent and I want a Ricky because of him!

B_of_H

if you like rock and don't own the soundstage DVD then you are missing out. It's some of the best and most tasteful playing i've ever heard.

PedalFreak

Silver Supporting Member
I think Dave Grohl on the Running Down a Dream DVD said it best. He said something to the effect of 'Every Petty song you hear you think it is one of the classic Petty songs, no matter if it was a song he just made.'

Every album sounds like Petty, and it is all GREAT stuff.

SigXer

Petty is a good writer and many of his songs have stood the test of time. Also, Mike Campbell (probably spelled wrong) always gets great guitar tones on the records.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Great songwriting, great guitar work, quirky vocal style, what's not to like?

cmc2878

I never thought I would be the kind of person to have a favorite artist of all time....but he's mine.

Probably the most clever lyricists ever. Freeway runnin through the yard...c'mon!!

phatster

hopefully artist like Petty and his band will be seen as Master performers and take their role as wisemen to be cherished.

Trending Topics