The Toneczar Halophaze - pics and clips

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Shon Kornfeld, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

Im the proud owner of the new Toneczar Halophaze pedal, #5! It's Eds new dual phaser, check it out at:

http://toneczareffects.com/lg-pedals-haloph.htm

Theres about 12 clips on his site, and here's one of my own, just some quick riffing: http://www.shon.info/sounds/halo/Halophazeclip.mp3

im using Side 1 as a very slow phase 90 style phase, and i have Side 2 set up for more of a vibrato sound, and faster. it really is a sweet pedal, like all of Ed's stuff. 18v, so it has the nice headroom missing from the P90. ill probably bump this thread in a week or so when i get my new boards all done. till then...

[​IMG]

2. Nitefly182

Nitefly182 Member

totally awesome. I may have to get one of these at some point.

3. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

I am the proud owner of #6!! It should arrive on Thursday. I can't wait.

4. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Thanks, ShonCAE.
    Great clip and it sounds like another success for Toneczar!

Damn, I'll probably have to get on the list for this one too.

5. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

That's pretty slick (though I wish I could get my damn Power Glide...). Could you do a clip with the purely vibe tone, or point me to which of the clips on the site demos the vibe section? Thanks.

6. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

proud owner of #7 here...heres a picture, should be here by thursday or friday:

[​IMG]

I'll also be getting a nice big package with a fulltone TTE, ebow plus and analogmans book that same day :D:D:D Lucky me!

7. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

So are we the only 3 TGP members that actuall have/will have by end of the week a toneczar halophaze? According to Ed the first few units always belong to him and the other musicians in his town...Heres something cool, a prototype of the halophaze powdercoated in red. Ed didnt like the look of it so took the chrome-esque approach:

[​IMG]

8. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

why cant you get on the list?...

BTW, I prefer the red powder coated one, just cause its cool. Ed said that it didnt look nearly as good in real life as in the picture...Whatever. Im making an all toneczar board, so Itll be like all chrome, lol. Except that new openhaus fuzz comming out. He said it'll be black...Now this'll be my first toneczar...4 more to go!!! (not including the fuzz)...

9. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

I havn't gotten the email yet but I have been placed on the unofficial list and I have been holding off on any other purchases because I really want the Halophaze. So hopefully I will be getting a photo of mine emailed to me pretty soon. Ed emailed me pictures of the red one also. I thought it looked awesome but he said it doesn't look as good in person and it didn't turn out like he hoped. Please post reports on the sound of this pedal.

10. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

g

I think you can bump yourself up in line if you pay a whole bunch extra.

11. Ed Rembold

Ed Rembold Member

For clarity-

I built only 10 halophazes, these went to customers who already own toneczar effects, AND who were asking for a phaser, AND who were willing to provide feedback.

While I build the very last pre-paid powerglide and echoczar's (16 total)
    I'll be gathering feedback from the 10 halophaze owners, and finalize the build. This way, when the product is released it will be "done".

I wish I'd done this with the echoczar, but that's another story.

Shon,
    I cranked your clip through my monitors.......loved it.

Thanks, Ed R.

12. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

not true, not true...

Ed said he was making about 10 Halo's at first for existing Toneczar customers. the first 10 would be sort of a "beta-test", where he would get our feedback and *perhaps* make changes if he felt the need to do so. after that, he would "release" the pedal to the public.

if you couldnt get on the list for a Halo, my guess is he had the 10 units sold already. and NO, paying more money has absolutely NOTHING to do with it, thats stupid. Ed doesnt even take your money till its boxed and ready to ship. i kept offering to Paypal him and he wouldnt take it until my pedal was done.

13. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

Ha thanks Ed! we mustve been typing at the same time :BluesBros

14. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

...read the rest of what it says after you chose to end the "quote"...and its true, Ed isnt the type of guy to take your money for that type of thing. I wanted to pay for it all upfront but he said I can pay not when he notifys me it'll be ready soon, but like the day before its boxed and ready to ship! and you get some cool pictures with it.;)

15. Ed Rembold

Ed Rembold Member

Please, no-one get testy.......
    I do not expect the halophaze wait-list to ever be very long, as there are alot of phasers on the market, and other builders are working on their own phasers right now......

It is the better part of wisdom for a halophaze customer to wait, have me gather feedback, work out anything that needs work, and then release a "finished" product.

It's better for me too, as reworking and adding new features to pre-existing builds has nearly put me out of business.

Thanks, Ed R.

16. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Hey Ed, Im just wondering but, why is it that you choose to finish all of your products in the chrome finish? I really like it, I'm just purely wondering. Thanks. Cheers.

17. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Oh yea, and also I forgot to ask you in the e-mails which of the controls the expression pedal would control? Im guessing the "phase"? Would a moog exp. pedal be good or is your modified ernie ball better suited for the job? Thanks again.

18. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

for you bro!

http://www.shon.info/sounds/halo/Halophazeclip2.mp3

19. Ted Witcher

Ted Witcher Member

Thanks, man. I dig the way that sounds. Would you care to give a comparison to any of the other major standalone vibe pedals (Sweet or Fulltone)? Thanks again.

20. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

that is a cool clip!...nice playing, hows it set up