The top shelf Red Witch Pentavocal tremolo's 'bottom' feature

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Clifford-D, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

The Red Witch Pentavocal tremolo is my favorite all analog tremolo. Hands down.

Aside from excellent sine and square trems, I mean chewy trem, and there are other pedals that get a similar chewy trem, non better though imo.
    Aside from the great tone, this trem offers the amazing "bottom" feature, a dedicated knob.

The bottom allows you to have full trem throb in the bottom frequencies and no trem in the upper frequencies, just regular guitar. It's very musical to have both things, the clean and the throb, sounding at the same time.

Are there any other analog trems that do the "bottom" feature.

I have the chrome one, an earlier version, nothings changed except they don't use chrome anymore, the lettering came off.

[​IMG]

2. Snufkinoob

Snufkinoob Member

I'd always had my eye on the Red Witch, but never got round to trying it. I'm using the Mini-Moog tremolo which has a "tone" control that sounds like it does the same/similar thing to the "bottom" control.

The Moog website says it's anlog, but it's not optical, which to me is what I think of when someone says a tremolo is analog. It's not quite got that tone to it, which I love, but it's versatility is great.

3. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

The HardWire TR Tremolo / Rotary can do that on the Bias setting - where the 'Modify' knob becomes a Tone/frequency control, so you can have the higher frequencies being effected while the lower end stays straight.. or vice versa.

It's digital though.. I think.