• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Twin vs Twin Reverb

Voodoo Blues

What are the differences between the new The Twin 100 Watt from the Twin Reverb RI? Other then the distortion channel on The Twin. How do the clean channels compare?

Rick360

Howdy,

Well, "The Twin" has 2 channels; sort of like two amps-in-one. The clean channel has very clean and sparkling tones. My favorite way of getting dirt from this red knob Twin is by activating the "Lo-Power" switch and turning 'er up! AlNiCo speakers would improve things for this application.
As for the "gain" channel, it's better than one would suspect. I just don't use it. For me, the red knob "The Twin" is a clean amp. It sounds big and smooth with those 12-inch speakers. Rickenbacker 12-strings are a great match for this amp. Also, you'll find a good 11 knobs on this baby with a pull function for further tonal possibilities. Truly a "bells & whistles" amp. I like mine-for clean tones.

Rick360

Trending Topics