• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The "ugly finishes" thread

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
Gotta agree with silverburst, though I think Antigua looks pretty cool on that Starcaster in the emporium. The Fender International colors actually look pretty cool, and would easily be cleaned up with tort guards and white knobs/covers.

For my own contribution, I nominate Danelectro's black/red crackle. It's a cool finish for a Super Strat or something, but it just looks wrong on a Danelectro:

I don't like tobacco, 3-tone, cherry, or silver 'bursts... or the crackles. Or most graphics...

Man... I'm a picky SOB these days.

chillytc

I know dudes like to diss the silverburst and antigua finishes but I totally dig 'em.

I've always wanted to buy one of those ridiculous metal guitars because they are so ugly they make me laugh. Like this:

stevel

I'll start off with the infamous Fender international colors.

I kind of like the orange. Not crazy about the black pups with it. In fact, it's the black pups and knobs which makes these ugly, not the colors themselves IMHO.

I wouldn't mind having a "dreamsicle" themed guitar.

I've actually always wanted a yellow guitar (strat) though I don't know if it would need a white pickguard or something else. I've seen the black and yellows in Jacksons or Ibenezes and didn't particularly like those. Maybe a Tom Anderson where it was yellow but could see quilt through, no pickguard.

Steve

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
Are we talking factory only? If DIY finishes count, this one is WAY up there, accentuated by the strap and cab choices, of course.

Trending Topics