The Ultimate Mono, Stereo, W/D vs. W/D/W Poll

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by The Revolution, Apr 2, 2015.

1. The Revolution

The Revolution Member

Pledge your allegiances..

2. The Revolution

The Revolution Member

I forgot Van Halen uses a stereo rig with 3 amps, the dry one in the middle. That's cool too, thinking outside the box is cool. Play through 8 amps if you want to.

3. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

Mono... simple load in / load out... nobody in the audience gives a poo about your tone as long as it doesn't suck. If it sucks... they'll leave. If it's amazing... it'll be no better than if it were simply not-offensive

4. effectsman

effectsman Supporting Member

I like wet/dry or stereo depending on what sound you are going for. For instance with the Edge style sounds to cover the song Pride, I like delays in stereo. Wet /dry doesn't sound right to me for this. For most things though I like wet/dry as it makes everything sound huge.

Never tried W/D/W so can't comment.

5. The Revolution

The Revolution Member

Just torn between WDW and WD...a lot of guys like Lukather have gone back to WD or stereo after struggling with WDW live. I imagine in a big room it is chaos..contending with the room echos, stage sound and PA sound and the guitar coming from 3 directions at you.

BUT STILL, in my house, or a small club where the amps aren't mic'd...I think it is useful, don't abuse the power. Btw I run WDDW...I don't like anything to challenge my dry tone (which has some spring, so not completely dry yknow)