• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

The Ultimate pedal friendly combo amp?

TimH

Silver Supporting Member
If you had to pick a grab and go combo to use with a small pedal board for pop/rock gigs what would you choose?

Andre357

i have not found a combo amp that takes pedals in front and in the loop like Budda's.

I would recommend a SDII 18 or SDII 30 1x12. Very light ( about 40 lbs ) as well.

toneranger58

I have a 64 Vibrolux Reverb with 10 inch vintage celestions that loves the Zendrive SE and the Hermida Distorion pedal. Carbon Copy pedal blends great with the Reverb. I think the speakers have a lot to do with it.

Chuck D.

Fireball XL5

Silver Supporting Member
If you had to pick a grab and go combo to use with a small pedal board for pop/rock gigs what would you choose?
Without question, for me - a Carr Rambler. One of the most pedal friendly grab & go rigs I've ever played. Cathode biased 6L6 power section > 28 watt Pentode/14 watt Triode modes > Reverb/Tremolo. Fantastic build quality, tone, and lots of headroom given it's modest power rating.

soldano16

I've always maintained that the amps that sound the best on their own are the ones that sound the best with pedals.

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
My AC30CC loves pedals, but it's 75 lbs. so I guess you can't call it "grab and go"

B_of_H

I've always maintained that the amps that sound the best on their own are the ones that sound the best with pedals.
I find it the opposite lots of times. Some of my favorite amps hate anything more than light overdrive pedals.

an ac30 is a good example. An OCD let loose on those things sounds like mush.

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
Dr Z amps are the best pedal platforms EVAR!

The Mazerati and Maz 38 Sr are my two favorites.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
Peavey Classic 50 is a great match up with Pedals ..
Of course the Lonestar Classic... but that's twice as much dough ...

A Twin is very finicky about pedals ... so you have to trail & error with them

Trending Topics